GO!

Breed Suggestions? Please?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Jem - Kandansk- Emerging- Artist

Toy-aholic

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 8:10am PST 
I wish we had the Moyen size here, I would love to have one. I think jumping from Jewel & Jem to a 22 or 24" dog would be a bit much for me! The size is included in the standard for the Standard poodles but as far as I know no one breeds for that size on purpose because it doesn't do well in the ring. Even a 19 or 20" poodle would be nice.
[notify]
Koda

Born to run -- loves to sleep

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 9:25am PST 
Hehe... I'm sure you have already figured it out, but 'klein' means 'small' in German.

Anyway, if you don't mind looking into a giant breed of dogs, Leonbergers are very nice dogs. They are very friendly, are playful,

A quick fact: they are the oldest purebred German breed.

It was created by crossing a Newfoundland with a Saint Bernard, and then with a Pyrenees, and then with a Newfoundland again.

They can weigh up to 170 pounds.

They are very heavy shedders. They have a medium to long doubled coat. That's a lot of hair...

They have a shorter life span, living to the average of 8 years.

They are smart dogs but are also easily trainable.

They stand about 2-3 foot tall at the shoulder.

They are known for getting certain types of cancers and bloat.

So, well, just a sugestion. I'm going to stick with my labs and huskies, though. laugh out loud
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 9:30am PST 
I already knew about "teacup" dogs, thanks for the heads up on "Royal" Poodles. I'll be sure to steer clear of both.

I was a little confused by Klein/Moyen at first because when I Googled it all that really came up was websites for mostly questionable looking breeders and no real info on what the terms meant.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, everyone!
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3