GO!

I have another dog!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 3:58pm PST 
I got her from the shelter yesterday smile. Her name is "Delilah." Lab/Collie mix. I will try to get up pictures TM all I have is a really crappy cell phone picture of her inside her crate.

I didn't find out until I got home and she sat down on our light-colored wood porch that she is in heat...haha.

Oh boy.

Tore up a crate pan and some carpeting last night. This is going to be quite an adventure until I can get her spayed. Samson may be following her depending on how he behaves himself after her surgery. From what I see I think he will be okay but I'm not ruling anything out.

She is very noisy. Not only is she in heat she is used to having constant company - other dogs at the shelter, shelter workers, visitors, etc. Had to wear earplugs to sleep today, haha. She will adapt, dogs are very good at that smile.

I originally went to go look at a Dutch shepherd but she'd already been adopted out...Lilah's personality won me over though smile.

Edited by author Wed Sep 18, '13 3:58pm PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 4:10pm PST 
Congrats on the new addition!

Sounds like you'll have your hands full for a while between the two of them laugh out loud
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 4:33pm PST 
Congrats on your new family member and we wish you the very best. We look forward to seeing some pictures and her profile and sharing her adventures while you all adapt to the new situation.wisheshappy dancewishesflowers
[notify]

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 5:24pm PST 
Congrats Samson. Look forward to pics of the new addition! way to go
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 6:47pm PST 
Haha, congrats on the new member!

Remember, pictures!!
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 7:10pm PST 
Congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to see pictures! smile
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 7:47am PST 
How exciting! What does Samson think of her?
[notify]
Delilah

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 3:04pm PST 
Here she is smile.

Only one picture turned out...she's so wiggly.

Didn't get out my nice camera. Some time I'll get much better pictures up but for now a cell phone picture will have to do.

Samson seems to be largely indifferent to her. She's tried to entice him a couple times on walks and it mostly just irritates him I think, LOL.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 3:30pm PST 
Forgot, here's a larger image:

Delilah
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 4:29pm PST 
Oh she's pretty, Samson. Looks young?
[notify]