GO!

Getting a pup sooner than I thought from Schraderhaus

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 10:51am PST 
I found some red flags about the breeder I was going to go with, so I started to search again.

I was pointed by pretty much everybody to schraderhaus. I spent some time out at the kennel and met the dogs. I think with the right socialization and training a pup will make a great Service Dog. I am going to go with a female pup smile
[notify]
Ridley

Cry cry cry!

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 2:15pm PST 
I bet you'll be super happy with your pup! Jean is great, has great dogs and a great program. I have do doubt she'll find you the perfect dog.
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 5:08pm PST 
She is going to help me select the right pup. The litter is 4 weeks right now, in their cute roly poly stage smile

My pup is from the Lux/Hetja breeding.
[notify]

Ridley

Cry cry cry!

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 6:45pm PST 
Excellent, they will be from a VERY close breeding to the one Ridley came off of- which has produced some very nice dogs. Ridley is a special soul and would not have cut it as a service dog, but he has a full sibling who is a trained therapy dog and several others who do other service work. Over all, Lux produces very nice puppies, and Xenna (Hetja's dam) is pretty nice too.

Hope you get the perfect pup!
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 8:50pm PST 
you live out here, Thor? We see her pups all the time at Ewe-Topia and Fido's Farm (herding places), I know yours will be for service work, but Shepherds love livestock.. you'll have a great time with your new prospect!
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 9:17pm PST 
Ridley is beautiful smile The pup will be either black sable or black. It encourages me to see that so many of Lux's pups are in the service or therapy venues.

I think that herding would be fun. I am up in Bellingham so it is a bit of a drive, but not too bad!
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 1:24pm PST 
Lucky duck! One day I'll get my schraderhaus pup =)

Can't wait to see pictures!
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 5:58pm PST 
I have a few pictures of the litter. They are 4 weeks old it in, so I dont know which pup is mine yet smile

I am so excited!
[notify]