GO!

Suspicious Breeder Has an "I am A Responsible Breeder" Article on Dogster Mag

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 83)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 12:42pm PST 
His dogs, Lava and Blue, are not even OFA certified, unless he changed their names. Check it out on the OFA website. You can find the dog's names on his website, under the link "How To Name Your Dog And Make It Sound Like Royalty". Anyone think that this is suspicious?
confused
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 12:19pm PST 
What an irresponsible person!frown
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 4:48pm PST 
OMG!

Jewel, I am so sorry that I accidently re-posted your post! Whoops!

I have a feeling that he doesn't know a thing about the different lines of GSD. He is more of a "Hey! My dog has testicles!" type of breeder than someone who breeds to better the breed (the main reason). Most of the oversized breeders are making it worse cry. The GSD doesn't need any more problems.

The oversized ones (I'm not talking about the occasional 90 pound one or whatever, I'm talking about the ones that are bred to be like that) are mainly furry, massive, grossly deformed mammoths. If I wanted a GSD I'd get a working line (Show lines, Ack)

One day I may start a small breeding program to get chinooks out there and preserve them, but I wouldn't breed out of the standard. I'd only have females (3 or so active ones, and then Delta, too much hormones)

Tiller, I am also sorry for saying something about OFAs when you already did. I'm not very observant smile. LOL.

Reading what he said to you (I didn't really read the article prior to posting, I'd already discovered him and was afraid I'd have a heart attack!) almost mad me ruin my new laptop by spitting my hot tea out at the screen!

I also noticed that he (1) isn't concerned with his dogs' nutrition and (2) he seems to buy things that are cheap (again, I love finding a sale, but seriously, a good breeder will NOT feed Eukanuba crap!).

I have to admit though, his dog Emerald is a cutie! Poor thing. She now has to live a life of misery.

Sorry 'bout the long article everyone! Nice job as always Tiller! Best of luck!
[notify]

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 83)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9