GO!

Suspicious Breeder Has an "I am A Responsible Breeder" Article on Dogster Mag

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 9: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:48pm PST 
Why do they talk about litters on their website as if they've already had some?

Augusta, apparently they don't believe in posting puppy pics- "As you will notice, at this point, we do not have pictures of our planned breedings or German Shepherd Puppies on this page. We have intentionally avoided placing pictures of adorable puppies on this page."

They say they neutered Charcoal in the article, but they're "very excited to have him in the breeding program" on the website. Has anyone pointed that out yet?

There's a lot of blah blah blah on that website but nothing to back it up. Another dime a dozen GSD breeder.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:56pm PST 
Nicky - it looks like they never updated Charcoal's page on the site but it does say in their blog that they have neutered him and are removing him from the breeding program:

"We do have a bit of unfortunate news: This really doesn’t matter to us; frankly we only care that he is alive. The unfortunate news is that we had to neuter Charcoal during his surgery and he will no longer be a part of our breeding program. We were very much looking forward to his puppies, so this news is a real bummer."

That was posted a few days ago.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 1:06pm PST 
"Have intentionally avoided" . . . ahem. I guess "pre-conceived" puppies are hard to photograph . . . What no *grown* up pups from their program they could show pics of either?
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 1:28pm PST 
Thanks, Noah!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 2:57pm PST 
Wow that Jack hannah article was good till he got to pet store puppies being OK because they're regulated..

Some commenter is backing him up to. eek
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 3:05pm PST 
The commenter is the author of the article I believe.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 3:09pm PST 
The person backing him up is the author of the article.

ETA: Yeah, like Noah said, it's the guy who wrote it.

"Not all dogs at pet shops are from puppy mills." Not only is that questionable to start with (except perhaps a very small number from crappy BYBs), Hanna wasn't even going for that angle. He flat out said puppy mills are okay confused

Edited by author Thu May 23, '13 3:19pm PST

[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 5:04pm PST 
What a week on Dogster mag! shock

I posted back at him that I can excuse Jack Hanna....dogs aren't his thing so ok, he is woefully ignorant....but a dog industry professional (Tim Link, author of that article)...I mean....REALLY!

On a humorous note, Dogster has changed the title on the breeding article from "I am" to "I Consider Myself" an Ethical Breeder. LOL!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri May 24, '13 7:16pm PST 
Tiller-
"On a humorous note, Dogster has changed the title on the breeding article from "I am" to "I Consider Myself" an Ethical Breeder. LOL!"

At least it appears they read our posts. Maybe they'll learn something after all. LOLOL
[notify]

Barked: Fri May 24, '13 11:52pm PST 
Many of us want to find that breeder that will always be there when we need their help or to provide us with helpful tips about raising our puppy properly. While there are such breeders, it is harder to find them than you might think.
Source: http://www.19breeders.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/19breeders-johns -creek
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 9: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9