GO!

Suspicious Breeder Has an "I am A Responsible Breeder" Article on Dogster Mag

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 9:42am PST 
I'm glad you guys are on to him! applause Nobody gets one over on Tiller when it comes to knowing their chops!

And Toto and Squam, I think you can post if you create a disqus account, but I also post off disqus--it's been funky lately. I put my handle, email and then it asks for a pass word, which I tried putting in and it wouldn't work, but when I skipped the password and just checked the box for "I want to post as guest" it did.

Yeah, I didn't follow that too closely, he did sound good at first, but for me the fact that he called himself "ethical" instead of "responsible" seemed odd from the get go. I guess it was some kind of semantic dodge. I thought it sounded like they had just started this enterprise--so yeah, how's he qualified to be patting himself on the back . . . . I didn't realize he hadn't even had any litters, much less any adult generations on the ground to talk about! Holy moly! eek

He sounds both arrogant and delusional lots of book-readin' no experience. . .. I wonder how much is naive, they really are in love with this idea about themselves, how they're going to do something outside the box, those stinkin' conformation breeder protocols don't apply to them . . . almost like they're some starry--eyed hippy, we're going to breed "organically" . . . . . OR they thought hey, we've got all these dogs, maybe selling a few pups would supplement our income?

My Arab horse friend fell in love with Corgis and tried to take up breeding for a few years and she did sell some pups esp. at horse shows (talk about impulse buys-- a competitor riding by on her horse "Go to stable so and so, barn A and tell my husband to buy that puppy for me"), but I think she quickly learned it was quite a different world than breeding the occasional mare and more involved and more money than it was worth.
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 10:11am PST 
Toto I will pmail you the email and password I used if you like. But he isn't answering questions. He is also a trainer apparently although I thought 'lower the bar' was a bit off for training advice.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 10:35am PST 
Gussie..it's been an ongoing issue for me ever since the infamous "Charlie" article. I do have a disqus account...2 actually. bol It hates my ISP, I guess. HQ posted as me last night. A little late to the partylaugh out loud
[notify]

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 10:56am PST 
Squam, what? Black-listed? Well I never!shockbig laugh Maybe it's the eyebrows . . .
[notify]
Sadie

Momma's Shadow

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 11:06am PST 
And today there's Jack Hanna saying pet shops selling puppies are okay because puppy mills are regulated!? WTH is up with Dogster these days? shrug
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 11:11am PST 
oh, no he didn't!

truly we are off the deep end now. eek

(I mean, I know he did it, I just can't believe that he did or that Dogster would back this crap!)

Edited by author Thu May 23, '13 11:16am PST

[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:03pm PST 
Sadie, I read that article shock Just awful!

I commented too... Most people have picked him up on it though, which is good.

Such a shame.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:04pm PST 
I know Jack Hanna . "most puppy mills are well-regulated" . . . what? And the author of the article is trying to tell us why that's o.k. . . . . Maybe he's been out in the sun too long. But he's a zoo guy and that's a whole other conundrum.shrug He probably thinks dolphin and whale shows are a great way for kids to learn too.

So you're right, Tiller, you go to this Far North Kennel, and every time I click on any link that's supposed to be puppies, it just goes back to the puppies they bought elsewhere to start their program. Wha? "Lava will breed beautiful long haired puppies" "will likely pass on her temperament to her puppies" . . . Quite incredibly audacious to call oneself a breeder and have seemingly not yet one puppy on the ground! If there had been sold pups from their kennel and no current pups available, don't most breeders feature past progeny pics? eek They don't seem to have a single dog that *they've* bred . . . .Where are the PUPPIES!!!???

Methinks it's a little soon to be patting oneself on the back . . .
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:30pm PST 
Gus, it says my browser (three different ones, actually!!!) are not supported with Discus. I have IE 7, IE 10 and Safari. I have tried to sign up, thought I did but nothing I ever posted has shown up, even when I tried as a guest.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 12:35pm PST 
I didn't even bother going to the guys website, I just read the article and everything seemed ok in it. I was one of the people praising him in the comments and then I read everything that Tiller wrote and thought "Gee, I guess I need to dig a little deeper and not just take people's word for it." Makes me worried since I will be looking for a breeder in the next couple years and a GSD was high on my list of dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 9: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9