GO!

Suspicious Breeder Has an "I am A Responsible Breeder" Article on Dogster Mag

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:11pm PST 
Dude is way too slick. Has internet articles elsewhere phrasing himself as a breeder of longhair sheps. And now this with two planned litters. So how am I not to think this isn't some cha-ching self promotion for fall riches.

They are publishing my rebuttal, so yay on that.

My brain is currently flipping that the current trainer authoring articles on Dogster mag is arguing that this is a great breeder. I mean, come ON....this is a "professional" who may be giving advice. I am getting a migraine!

My question through this all, though, is why on EARTH Toto wastes her time on the stupid Answer section rather than this? laugh out loud big laugh That's ok, Toto....I have a good rebuttal essentially penned by years of great mentorship. I'll do you proud.

And good GRIEF....if those guys think I AM bad, so lucky most of the actual breeders I know don't waste their time on stuff like that. They'd snip off his privates laugh out loud Breeders are hardnuts with more staunch opinion than I could manage on my worst day!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:13pm PST 
Because Discus won't let me submit!!!!!!!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:27pm PST 
I thought he couldn't use his long haired male as a stud because he's sooooo ethical? I love how he made it sound like it was such a hard decision because they'd put SO much work into him, uh huh the dog has no titles and is how old?

I thought my answer was pretty much as good as anything Toto would get from him. laugh out loud Some BS followed by a distractor.
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:31pm PST 
Whaat? Is that what he said? Well he is elsewhere saying he "specializes" in longhairs. Imagine THAT! laugh out loud big laugh

BUMMER, Toto, but at least you seem more sane to me than you did five minutes ago wink
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:42pm PST 
Here is is from his article,

"We haven’t been in this business long, and we've already been tested, when we discovered one of our younger dogs, Charcoal, had cryptorchidism -- meaning he had a retained testicle that did not fall into place. We had a choice: We could have had the retained testicle removed and tried to breed him, or we could have had him neutered.

But an unneutered dog with cryptorchidism has a very high risk of getting cancer. Moreover, it is a genetic flaw that could be passed on to his puppies.

I am certain there are plenty of breeders out there who would readily breed the dog. But we chose the most ethical path possible. Even though we had invested a significant amount of money and effort into Charcoal, we had him neutered."

And this is from their website,
"As you can see in the pictures, for our males we have one regular coat German Shepherd Dog, Blue, and one long haired German Shepherd Puppy, Charcoal. Because the long coat is a gene that is passed on, we know that Charcoal will have long haired German Shepherd Puppies and when Blue breeds with Lava, he should as well."

I have a hard time reading the website because of things like this "Believe us when we say that our female German Shepherd Dogs cannot wait for these boys to make them momma’s. They get really excited around these boys." so I don't know if they have posted on the site that they are down to one stud.
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:58pm PST 
I'm really enjoying keeping up with the debate that is ensuing his article puppy

And Tiller, is that the same dog trainer who wrote an article about how out of control and frenzied her dogs are?

Reading about her dogs, she wouldn't be the first trainer I'd go to (although her article did make me laugh), and reading about this so-called 'ethical' breeder, he wouldn't be the first person I'd go to for a pup... I spot a trend!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 4:02pm PST 
Well, he is joking about his females being snarky and getting into spats...wait until they are really mature and then see what happens, BOL!!!! Plenty of people before him have tried running a bunch of intact, same sex females together and had it end with the death of at least one of them... and they DIDN'T have a male in the mix. Sounds like it will be fun!!!!!!!
I wonder if he knows they will breed while he is sleeping??? Serious question cuz a local "breeder wanna be" here "discovered" his female was pregnant by her brother. He was ADADAMANT that they were separated all day long when he wasn't home. A friend asked him what he was doing with them during the night... he honestly believed his dogs would not breed while HE was sleeping in the same house. OKAY!!!!!
This same person also lost THREE FINGERS when he stuck them in a fighting females mouth to break up a fight. Didn't work, BOL!
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 4:23pm PST 
@ Rocky.....yes smile She's got to pull her head out from that rock. She's talking about her long term in rescue making her skilled at recognizing a bad breeder. And I agree that it does. But it teaches you LITTLE about recognizing a good one as, hello?, you don't see their dogs in rescue. There is a BIG gap between a horrible breeder and a great one. Aka the abyss of best hopes or good intentions that ends up being some short lived fantasy due to financial collapse, dog fights, health catastrophes or just the disillusion that can be planning, breeding, whelping, rearing and placing a litter of puppies.

Toto is like every good breeder I know. Spends no more than 5 seconds talking about champions bred and then a full hour of anecdotes that range from bizarre to horrifying laugh out loud Latest contributions are fights to death and digit loss big laugh And she's laughing! laugh out loud Yeah, you are either going to find ironic humor in your insane life or do something else!

Edited by author Wed May 22, '13 4:26pm PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 4:47pm PST 
Spot on, Tiller!!!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 8:56am PST 
I think this guy knows he's not a responsible breeder, but wants people to say he is so he can feel better about what he's doing. At least that's how all this sounds to me.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9