GO!

Suspicious Breeder Has an "I am A Responsible Breeder" Article on Dogster Mag

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 9: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 9:32am PST 
oh, I left out Toto. I meant you too...but Toto has been very helpful and to me personally with my Cocker/Corgi issues. Things are going fine there, by the way. I have even seen a little backyard "play" wrassling between them. But you bet, I keep an eye on them now!
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 9:39am PST 
So, so sad...

Some people are just delusional...

The breeder I got Skip from breeds dogs for pet homes mainly. However, both parents were extensively health tested, were shown regularly and even worked... Skip's five generation pedigree shows thirty champions and his parents are from some of the best lines in Europe... I'm picky! Very picky and hound breeders... I want to know everything and I want proof, otherwise I could just adopt a dog from a shelter.

Thanks Tiller, for bringing this breeder down a peg... He needed it. Breeding for the love of the dogs is NOT good enough nor does it make you purely 'ethical'...

Some people think they can just buy a good looking dog, buy a few more and become a breeder. THAT makes me so angry!
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 10:03am PST 
I get the feeling that some of the Dogster writers don't know anything about dogs. They just do the minimal research then write an article as fact with many flaws. Shame on them. shrug
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 10:33am PST 
I just submitted a potential rebuttal to go up. I am in way too much of a snit now, lol!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 11:12am PST 
Love it Tillerlaugh out loud Right there with you.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 2:22pm PST 
My number one question still remains unanswered... HOW can you be an ethical, responsible breeder if you have NEVER bred a litter???????
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 2:31pm PST 
Thank you for asking that Toto, I feel that I have experinced birth through the process of looking at pictures of dogs with their puppies on the internet while doing my extensive research from here in Alaska. I can feel what they feel, they speak to me through the pictures and that has made me very humble, I will not let them down! Elephants are grey.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 2:54pm PST 
Jewellaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:03pm PST 
laugh out loud Jewel!
Almost spat my tea out on the computer screen!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:07pm PST 
Their entire website and blog are set up to trigger search engines for people searching for German shepherd puppies. All the hot links throughout their writing link back to their home page, and the more time people spend on the website and click through the portions of the website, the more the search engine will "find" that page. And he says he doesn't market his dogs...

One of the first things I thought of is how he claims to be a responsible breeder but his oldest breeding dog isn't even two, and it seems like his oldest German shepherd isn't much older than that... I don't think he's a bad guy, just not as good as he makes himself sound... I am a rescue person through and through, but I recognize the place for truly reputable breeders. I don't think he's there.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 9: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9