GO!

Considering Boston Terrier

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 10:44am PST 
I need to know if Boston Terriers are crazy like some other small terriers such as Westies, Jack Russells, and Cairns. I thought maybe since Bostons are more bull-type terrier (and less ratter-type terrier) they might be slightly more calm?

The ratter terriers are great, I love how they are so plucky and super smart, but the fact that they never ever ever EVER stop moving kinda irritates me.
My friend went into the hospital for several weeks and I took care of her Cairn. Sweet little dog but never once did she sit still.
I'm not talking about problem behaviors I'm just talking about never slowing down eek
How would a Boston Terrier compare to this?
[notify]

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 10:14pm PST 
I did a little more reading on this breed and it turns out they are notoriously gassy?! LOL. nevermind relieved
[notify]
Peter

Hey, that's me!

Barked: Tue Apr 9, '13 7:42pm PST 
Boston Terriers are awesome! IMO they are less hyper than most terriers...they actually not considered true terriers in that they weren't bred as ratters. They enjoy a brisk walk, but once they grow out of the spastic puppy phase, they are perfectly content to snuggle on the couch or lay around chewing on a toy. They are very social, loving, and smart.
And they can be gassy if they eat a lot of people food or a poor quality diet, but once we cut out any dry dog food with corn in it, both of our Bosties weren't gassy at all.
[notify]