GO!

Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 23: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]  
Ezra

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 4:44pm PST 
"We're looking for a really mellow calm dog so we're getting an 8 week old lab from a breeder"
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 5:01pm PST 
"Is that a Standard Miniature Poodle?"

Ah, What? laugh out loud
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 5:56pm PST 
That if they're well-behaved, well-trained, they came that way--it's because you were lucky enough to get the right dog and they got the wrong one.

"She's probably smelling my dogs . .." I guess that's not so much ridiculous as stating the obvious and missing the obvious . . .. yes, your dogs, what you had for lunch, what edibles you have on you now, where you work, what kind of car you drive, what you stepped in . . ..

I had one guy come up in a pet store and insist because of her tucked up under belly that Gus must have Greyhound in her and then he went and picked up a Greyhound calendar off the rack to show me the resemblance, see? see? She's got to have some greyhound! laugh out loud
I didn't bother to waste any time pointing out that many other breeds besides the greyhound have that tuck . . .
[notify]

Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 6:01pm PST 
Leaving the tail on an (insert breed here that is traditionally docked) will throw its balance off.

Every Greyhound ever is skinny because they are sick and emaciated.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 7:13pm PST 
The bully based web sites and sometimes snide comments by individuals that...this is engraved in stone somewhere ya'll..." AN ADULT PIT BULL TYPE DOG MUST NEVER BE BROUGHT TO A DOG PARK EVER"...
Maybe Sophie is a mutant exception or something-and those same people would still be intoning that she just hasn't shown her true colors yet or something-

but if you saw a video of her at the dog park happily surrounded by tiny dogs at her feet, in a play bow laying on her chin so she's nose to nose with her little friends, running in circles from the pack of fluffy teacups playing tag with her...then the big goofy grin when she sits down on the bench beside me...
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 7:35pm PST 
The thing about pit bulls sites advising owners to steer clear of dog parks isn't because they think the pits will attack the other dogs, but because if a fight does break out, regardless if it was the pit's fault, or even if they were involved or not, the pit will almost always be blamed anyways.

Talk about skinny dogs reminded me of yet another one that I heard recently!

"You shouldn't be able to feel the ribs at all. If you can, it means they're emaciated."
laugh out loud Uh oh! Better start adding bacon grease to Ava and Nix's food, and feeding them donuts, fried steak, and as many cookies as they want between meals... Clearly they're STARVING since you can feel their ribs. In fact, you can also feel Nix's pelvic bones, so he must REALLY be emaciated. Shame on me for neglecting my dogs.

Edited by author Tue Feb 26, '13 7:37pm PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 9:00pm PST 
Oh yes, the skinny dog police.

"Omg, he's so skinny! He must be hungry!" So dogs at a healthy weight are always hungry? Does that mean fat dogs are never hungry? thinking
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 12:06am PST 
I told someone Sabi was female, his response 'Are you sure? That's pretty big for a female.'

Buddy is part pitbull, cause he has a square head.
Sabi is part Chow, cause she has black spots on her tongue.
Shadow must be purebred cause she has a black saddle.
And from the same man 'Saddlebacks are always more hyper'
I need to neuter Buddy before he gets mean.
HE'S 10! when is this going to happen?
Sabi is fat cause I spayed her. Umm no, she's fat cause she's lazy and she's a pig!
My harlequin Dane apparently was a pitbull/Dalmation cross.

But my all time favorite, from a lady standing next to my patrol car 'You trained your dog to be vicious.'
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:02am PST 
Jake humps because he's not neutered. / Neutering a dog takes away his need to hump.

um no... They took Jake's one testical pretty far way when he was at the pound. Trust me he's neutered. He humps because he's trying to show your dog he's the boss ;D

You won't believe how many people swear to me my dog isn't neutered even though he clearly has no balls.

There reply is he is "clearly sexually excited"

Me - he pops a boner when he poops too what you have to say to that?

most people don't have a reply to that one.

shrug
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 2:48am PST 
Bwahahaha Jake.

Tell these people my dog gets a boner when he sees cats. They'll be horrified.

My mum yells at me every time I see het coz JT isn't neutered and 'it makes him smell.' thinking
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 23: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]