GO!

Registered Name help

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 10:03am PST 
You can name something that is an inside joke to you. That's what Chester's name is. Dennis got a very odd thing out of a vending machine years ago....a plastic turnip with a dangling chain and clip who looked rather angry. He went out, got a plastic toy gun, glued that on, and then that thing dangled from the mirror in the car for years, flinging about with the motion. Armed and dangerous turnip laugh out loud Chester was so freaking brazen as a puppy, pursuing my poor big German dogs like a psychotic windup troll big laugh Reminded me of the crazed turnip. So that became his name "The Mad Little Turnip."

All my dogs have a name that sounds like silly stuff to the masses but to me personally has a lot of significance. Onion's name....Prove Out Onion.....is my ode to my fave racehorse trainer, Allen Jerkens who is known as "The Giant Killer" ("Giant" link there), Prove Out and Onion being the two horses to defeat Secretariat after he won the Triple Crown. Both trained by the man. Tiller, and his impetuous ways, is "Ira in the Meadow." That was a high headed stallion I bonded with years ago, named Ira. Very spirited and extreme animal who I loved a lot. A pride and joy....no one else could handle him and I came in and we synched and he was far more manageable. We were a love match. He was kept in this round pen during the day with 6' fencing. And one day when doing my rounds gazed up in the broodmare pasture, the "meadow," and staring back at me, looking proud as punch, was Ira. Who had somehow scaled this huge fence constructed to be tall enough to hold him, then crashed through into the broodmare pasture. That was this moment where I was in part in a terror filled shock, but a part of me too that was smiling and couldn't believe he'd managed something so over the top, and how liberated and proud he felt. Tiller in all his extremes reminded me of that moment. So he is Ira in the Meadow.

You're stuck with that name forever. If when you say it it gives you some fuzzies or a smile, it's really all the better!

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 10:05am PST

[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 1:03pm PST 
In light of the Oscars, how about K-Stew's Awkward Shuffle? winklaugh out loud
[notify]
뱀 Paem- "Goryeo"

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 11:36pm PST 
"Kennel Name's" Honorable Mention
" " Runner Up
" " Darwin Darling
" " Beauty Queen
" " Miss America
" " Miss Universe
" " The Peoples Choice
" " Nightingales cross (Florence Nightingale medal)
" " Queen's Venturer or Queen's Scout(girl scouts)

Obviously, some of them would be a bit undesirable for a show prospect and are intended to be humorous.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2