GO!

Westminster tonight!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 4:58pm PST 
That Affenpinscher is SO cute!!! And I love the name! Banana Joe!! big grin

I think Fifi is gorgeous!

And Darrell- Awesome! Congrats!!

I like the shows- I like to look at the gorgeous dogs, But I do wish there was more emphasis on performance/working. I thought they said the GSD was 8.5 years old- surely that's enough time to get a lot of titles! smile I think too, showing in conformation (or anything really) is very time consuming and expensive. i can certainly imagine needing to stick to one venue at a time...
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 4:59pm PST 
I loved seeing so many "breeder, owner, handler's" out there. I also thought the Hound group looked particularly good last night.

Standard Poodle took 2nd in the Non-Sporting Group...wasn't that impressed...the handler I thought was pulling her neck sideways and her tail was shorter than I've seen for some time.

I loved the little Norwegian Lundehund. They have the most incredible feet! The Xolo was nice too.

Can't wait to see tonight's line up

cloud 9
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:02pm PST 
here we go!

I thought the same thing- it was very cool to see the breeder/owner/handlers. Tells me they really live and breathe the breed and showing.
[notify]

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 5:32pm PST 
I usually fast forward through commercials but there were a few that were just adorable!!! I'm not a big Purina fan...but they did a great job!
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:02pm PST 
Alas, I don’t have cable- but I’ve been watching online, even though it’s not quite the same.

I was mostly keen on watching the breed judging since one of my agility classmates has a Beauceron competing (who won Best of Opposite- very happy for her!)

Now I’m waiting for the terriers, have to admit I’m a bit partial to the Smooth Fox.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:02pm PST 
With Teeko being a red, I was kind of hoping to see a red Sibe, but nope, same old black and white laugh out loud Love the Northern breeds though.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:39pm PST 
Where can I watch the recap online? I would really like to see the herding group (of course) and this chunky/muscular ACD you speak of! I don't have cable thus I cannot watch it in the land down under! Boo hoo hoo!

I am also curious to see the Bichon swaggering about. laugh out loud And Sofia, Tiller's relative, and of course Darrell's grandson! Congrats on that!

Edited by author Tue Feb 12, '13 9:43pm PST

[notify]
Xx Sabrina- Selene xX

The American- Bully Goddess

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:42pm PST 
Imo the PWD shouldn't have won the working group.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 10:38pm PST 
Judge of the working group is a Doberman breeder, has been on the DPCA's board of directors. Sometimes, it is a lot harder to show under a judge who specializes in "your breed" in all breed competition. The bar is often set higher. The PWD presented beautifully, and Fifi in his mind not beautifully enough. That is what's fun about dog shows, IMO, however. It's never a sealed deal. I feel bad for Fifi's person, as with another judge maybe the results would have been reversed, but that's true of many a dog in many a Westminster Group. Luck of the draw. No dog is perfect, NO dog, and if where your dog lacks strength is an area the judge is prickly/has an opinion of, it's not your day. I personally admire judges who take a dog who popularly seems a foregone conclusion and says "no, I don't think so," particularly in a venue where the day before an unfinished OES gets put up. Just really goes to prove that showing can be for anyone. Judge puts his hands on a "who is this guy?" OES and puts him up, judge puts his hands on a celebrity Doberman and keeps his mind open.

It seems to me some judging was pretty much affirmed, with the bold move of fancying the OES, who went on to get reserve....quite an honor and quite a dog. The Affenpincher was/is spectacular and deserved the win. The Smooth Fox I have long been a fan of....how can you NOT with those face markings????!!!!....but I do not think he shows his best at the Garden, sadly. I liked the BIS results a lot, and loved seeing a Foxhound in the final flight.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 5:02am PST 
Well I knew the Affenpinscher would get it, not one of my breeds, but he was so "on." I loved Adam, but of course I was rooting for Oakley, the GWP. And boy, was I thrilled to see a Golden make the cut in best of group, even if it wasn't even fourth place! I was sad about Fifi too
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 7: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7