GO!

*****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 9 of 17: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 5:24pm PST 
Guest-

Would you please mind posting the pedigree information for you dog?
As well as an OFA link or other proof of hip/elbow certification, CERF/CARDIAC for eyes/heart? What is the history of osteosarcoma or other cancers in his lines (if he claims there is NONE, he is lying, so what did he have to say on the matter)?

Does he have a website or any other means to contact him for information about his dogs?

Thanks.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Aug 18, '13 10:31pm PST 
re:Glenn Stoltzfus
A quick search revealed that no less then 6 kennels run by people with that last name have been shut down in PA in the last few years. That would seem suspicious to me, it looks like family members just swapping names. You bought from a puppy mill.
Please keep in mind that these people want to make money. It isn't like they can meet you and say "Hi I'm a dirtbag. Want to buy a puppy"

Guest I understand your heartache, so do many of the others on here and I truly am praying that your new puppy will be fine.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 8:51am PST 
I have been looking for a new puppy from some time now. Without seeing this site, I found Keystonepuppies.com. I was looking for a Black Lab and found some German Shepard mix puppies for a great price. A few of the puppies fit the Shepard look but a few look like Black Labs so that must be what they're mixed with. After calling today to inquire about said puppies I got the answering machine. I don't know where these people are from originally but it sounds like English is not they're first language or they're doing some inbreeding of their own! I'm now waiting for a call back to set up a time to see the puppies. I plan on seeing everything and if they can't provide it then I'm backing down from the sale. I was just thrown off by the answering machine person that I had to check if anyone else had this same thought. lol.

I forgot to mention that the person I was calling was Daniel King but according to the message ext 2 was Daniel King jr. Not sure who's who but thanks to this site I'm going to keep my eye out for risky business.
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Sep 20, '13 10:13pm PST 
Wait a minute. Have you read this thread? If not, do. If you have read it and are still going through with buying a puppy from Keystone, or any other puppy mill for that matter, then I'm not sure you understand it.
As the title of this thread states--Don't Buy From Keystone Puppies!!!
How hard is this?!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 9:38pm PST 
Keystone Puppies is a site that advertises for many different certified breeders. It is not a puppy mill, all you have to do to figure that out is to go to the site and see all the different locations that these dogs are coming from. I met Daniel King in person, the dogs were at his home and socialized with his children. They were part of the family. I heard no barking, there was no big barn anywhere on the property, There was just the mother, and the remainder of her litter. Assumptions can be a dangerous thing, Daniel is indeed Amish, but to me he seemed like a genuine and stand up guy.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 10:34pm PST 
Guest, I highly suggest that you go back and read or reread the first few pages of this thread. It will be an education for you.

Puppy millers let you see what they want you to see when you visit. Ain't always what it appears.

Seriously. Read this thread thoroughly. And then reread it.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 9:47am PST 
"Certified" breeders means little. In terms of the Keystone site, what is covered by such "certification" are mere matters of legality all mills have to adhere to and/or the most basic of puppy care. Puppy stores will tell you just as much.....that their breeders are "certified." Sounds impressive, but it really is not. Are they a member of their national breed club? Is there breeding stock registered with OFA, CERF, CHIC, etc.? Is there an application process? Speuter contract? To the contrary, quite a few of the very breeders "certified" by Keystone have past records for humane infractions, which makes their claim of "certification" laughable. Who would certify someone with a prior arrest record for humane violations? shrug Would you, as a responsible breeder, bed down with an organization who DOES?

Puppy mills breed dogs for profit. The dogs are essentially livestock. Females are usually bred without a rest.....they just pump out puppies.....and when they no longer are money makers are dispatched. Puppies are sold to whoever is willing to buy them.

Puppies can conversely be purchased from responsible breeders, who care very much as to where their dogs go. They come from parents who have received health testing for known genetic conditions within their breed, their breeders belonging to the national breed club and being aware of health concerns in the breed for being part of that community. Females are bred no more than a few times, and if you ask to see their retired dogs, they will have some to show you, and also will gladly provide a list of pet homes their adults have been retired to. As very few puppy mills hold onto their retired dogs, a very good way to judge the ethics of the breeder is to ask about their retired dogs. Researching how many breeds they breed and then looking when you visit for ALL those dogs can be telling. If you don't see them, odds are they come from an off site facility, and are brought to the home for the purpose of the meeting.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 9:48am PST 
My $0.02 tells me-Bad idea.

First of all, what is up with mixed breeds? Jacka-poos, Chiweenies, Golden Shepherds and ______ mixes? I saw one mixed breed that was $700.00. Puh-leez. Just go to your local shelter if you want a mixed breed. Most are MUCH cheaper.

I had a thirteen paragraph reponse written out, but deleted it, because it was so long.

They are no doubt, a puppy mill.
[notify]
Abbie

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 4:28pm PST 
Greenfield puppies is another really bad mill in the Lancaster, PA everywhere.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 5:43am PST 
Isn't it odd how many of these puppy sites are in PA, one of the top five puppy mill states?

Abbie-
I'll have to check them out.
[notify]
  (Page 9 of 17: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17