GO!

*****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 6 of 16: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 1:17pm PST 
I think as a breeder, it is foolish to NOT allow the owner to rehome, albeit with YOUR approval of the home, although that is NOT stated as an option in my contract. BUT, in the cases where this has happened with my dogs, the owner HAD the home lined up when they realized they were unable to keep the dog, it wasn't just someone they found but didn't know, it was usually a friend or relative who already KNEW the dog, which, lets face it, I didn't! BUT, does that mean I want to see one of my dogs listed on Craigs list or petfinder?? NO WAY...that is a point where I would use my contract to step in and take the dog back.
When we are going over and signing the contract I DO explain all that to the new puppy buyer... I tell them I am perfectly happy to have them rehome the dog WITH MY APPROVAL as well. But, do we really always know if the dog is rehomed without our approval??? Nope, I don't believe we do so this is when you hope you have worked enough to develop the proper trust between you and the puppy buyer.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 10:49am PST 
That rapport is critical. It's really one of the main things I pay all that money for....the actual breeder. The person, the passion they have for their hobby and the expertise developed. If I can establish that relationship, appreciate their expertise, feel they will be there for me with some sort of a passionate, devoted interest. It's not said enough that that's something to look for when choosing a breeder. For me, it is HUGE. There is only once that I felt disappointed, and innumerable times it was worth its weight in gold. To me, fundamentally it is what I am investing in. That and that I am confident they appropriately cull their lines of problems. I never trust a breeder who mysteriously has darted the odds and has never experienced problems in their lines wink Breeders who seem open to discussing the challenges they have had and seem interested in developing a rapport with me for the longterm.....that is huge.
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:35pm PST 
Woof woof!
[notify]

Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 12:39am PST 
I got a dog who was rehomed without the breeder's approval (I do not now what was in the contract, if that was included but it is fairly standard)... However the breeder had cut off contact with the previous owner herself long before this happened, and refused to respond to her requests for the dog's papers (the breeder sent her the wrong dog's papers.) I didn't know the whole story until later though. I'm not sure if she contacted the breeder about rehoming the dog or not, but the breeder had stopped responding to her long before so even if she had it probably would not have gotten through.

Edited by author Sat Mar 9, '13 12:42am PST

[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 3:33am PST 
Bump
[notify]
Sheeba

Born to run

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 7:42am PST 
Bump!

I live and work in a prime PA Amish area, about an hour west of Lancaster. In the vet clinic where I work, we see puppy mill puppies all the time. We have only one vet, the practice owner, who used to primarily work with cattle and equine, therefore he's had a lot of experiences with Amish farmers. One of the farmers made more money off his Chihuahua breeding than he did his tons and tons of chickens... Anyway, we do a lot of client education about puppy mills and pet store puppies that come from those mills. We do not hesitate to tell our clients where there puppy really came from, and some of those clients really do take it to heart and feel badly about it. Others, you know there's no getting through to them. Even the puppies that are bought from pet stores, you can tell by the names of the "breeders" and/or their addresses that they're Amish puppy millers. Very rarely do those pet stores provide the law-mandated health certificates, vaccine info, deworming info, etc. that the PA law requires.

And the most frustrating thing? The client will drop $700 in cash on a Yorkie Poo and then complain, complain, complain about a $27 distemper vaccine.
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 12:51pm PST 
Tiller, I Googled "Keystone Puppies". Thread is ranked #2. way to go
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 3:40am PST 
Bumpdog walk
[notify]
Teeko

I like big mud- and I cannot lie

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 6:34pm PST 
Bump

I have no idea if Keystone sells Siberians, but I do know I have two Sibes in my home that are likely purebred, but probably not from reputable ethical breeders, since they ended up in shelters.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 9:31am PST 
This is a generally disturbing post. It is a sad thing that people have chosen to attack this website in this way. I have seen alot of sites that sell puppies, and very few of them actually try to control the quality of the puppies sold through their site. I can tell you this, you are better off working with a company like Keystone puppies than Puppyfind, Lancaster Puppies, or Next day Pets. Those companies could care less about the quality of the puppies they sell.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 16: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16