GO!

*****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 10 of 17: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 6:02am PST 
Abbie-
Would you mind making another thread on Greenfield Puppies?

They are terrible people.

I found a Rottie pup that has a 30 DAY health guarantee. If that pup were to get DM, the owners would be in trouble. $$$
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 6:40am PST 
I'm going to tell you right now....any guest who comes and posts in here with praise for Keystone puppies or anyone who talks about having a good experience is getting ignored. Sorry, too easy for someone working for or a friend of Keystone puppies to come in and disguise who they are.

I checked out their testimonials....I got my puppy a few weeks ago...blah blah blah. Ok....can we hear from those who bought their puppies from you 2-10 years ago? I would love to hear from them. Those who may have issues now

I noticed a lot of breeds are being sold in the same cities. It kills me when my friends tell me they bought a designer puppy from Pennsylvania. I hate to say it but chances are....well....i won't say it

Edited by author Wed Oct 9, '13 6:45am PST

[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 8:31am PST 
Scooter-
Agreed. way to go
[notify]

Abbie

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 9:34am PST 
The reason why it's in PA is because the Amish view it as a cash crop. That's all they see it as. Make lots of puppies, get them out, and get the puppy. That's ALL greenfield is is just a bunch of Amish treating the dogs like a crop. I heard from them because I had a friend who bought a puppy naively on greenfield puppy. The puppy is so unsocialized. At 7 weeks I have never met a puppy so aggressive and with so many temperament issues so young in life. The puppy seriously tried attacking me when she saw me for the first time. I was perplexed at how fearful she were of anyone she ever ran into.

The lady she got the puppy from had her meet her at a different location than where the actual kennel was! RED FLAG she made a big story as to why they needed to meet someplace else. Talking about how she can't do business on Sundays so she was going to give the puppy to her friend on Saturday and for my friend to go pick the puppy up over there on Sunday so the Amish lady wouldn't technically be doing business on a Sunday. Yeah the puppy was a mill dog. She is healthy, for now. I can only imagine what's going to arise 4 years down the road from now...
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 9:52am PST 
I am sure a lot of Amish are perfectly "stand up," but animals in the Amish world are for utilizing. Many are farmers, of course the horses for transport and so on. I am sure there are Amish who appreciate what animals do for them, others who do not consider the feelings or vulnerability of their lives at all. But whatever the case, what the Amish do not do is educate themselves on the breeds they deal with, genetic problems, proper placement. They have dogs to sell puppies. That is all. They do not sell on speuter contracts, they are not likely to honor the return of the puppy wherein the puppy would not be "dispatched" or sent off to an auction. Giving business to breeders such as this impacts the shelter crisis and is funding someone using dogs like a cash crop.

If you are not going to rescue, you still have that chance to use your dollars to fund something that is good in the world of dogs, while also getting a puppy far more qualified to be a trouble free pet. It is essentially "voting with our dollars" as to how things should be. Sponsoring cash cropping breeders who do things irresponsibly and contribute to more indiscriminate breeding from others is not that.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 10:12am PST 
@ Guest-

They probably did seem nice, they may even genuinely ‘like’ their dogs, but that doesn’t make their breeding practices remotely ethical.

As for being ‘certified,’ where is the proof of titling/working/showing and health testing? Those are ‘certifications’ that matter. Even if they say they are ‘just breeding good pets,’ their breeding dogs should easily be able to pass a simple, one time CGC and/or TT. And ‘vet checked’ and ‘UTD on vaccines’ is not health testing, not by a long shot.

BTW puppies and dogs coming from many different locations doesn’t make them any less of a puppy mill operation, quite the opposite actually.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 8:11am PST 
I was googling about information of Keystone Puppies, as thats where I just bought my puppy. I was so disappointed and disgusted with how they treated my pup. I couldnt leave him there. They had him in a tiny tiny box (my dog is a boxer mixed with a bernese mountain dog) so at 9 wks he was pretty big. he was so shaky, and so skinny. My heart was broken. I had to take him home. I took him to the vet got him all fixed up and now getting him to socialize is our big goal. I dont believe they got him out of that box except for people to come look at then he was shoved back in there. This place is horrible and I just want to get all the puppies and give them a good home!
[notify]
Sheeba

Born to run

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 11:17am PST 
Guest, unfortunately when you do that, you're only making room for more puppies to take his place.

It is not "rescuing" a dog when you buy from a backyard breeder, puppy mill, or pet store. You are only giving them more money to perpetuate their practices.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 16, '13 6:49am PST 
Hey, how about that? For once, the spambots did something usefulbig laugh They bumped up this threadbig grin
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 16, '13 4:29pm PST 
good spambot..... keep bumping this threadlaugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 10 of 17: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17