GO!

APBT Noses...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 2:30pm PST 
Nose color is just nose color, unless it's the "Old Family Red Nose" line, which is a legitimate breeding line.

Breeders who sell dogs as "red nose pits" or "blue nose pits" or "red x blue nose pits" are just ignorant. They are not different 'breeds' or 'types' of pit bull. They just happen to have different nose colors!

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-articles/pit bulls-red-nose-blue-pit-bulls.html
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 3:50pm PST 
We made a joke about the Gotti line-sleek silver fur and reaally intense eyeslaugh out loud
[notify]
Xx Sabrina- Selene xX

The American- Bully Goddess

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 3:57pm PST 
I'm sure I'm probably beating the dead horse here....
A dog's nose color is simply that, a nose color. Just because you have a dog with a blue nose doesn't mean it's more prefered than a dog with a red nose. For some reason people tend to think that a nose color tells what lineage is behind the dog, but it doesn't. Once again a nose color is just that, the color of a dog's nose. You might want to join game-dog.com or pitbull-chat.com to find out about dog's bloodline.

Btw, gotti line is NOT an abpt bloodline, it is an american bully's.
[notify]

Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 4:34pm PST 
Only gangbangers fixate on nose color, other than those breeding the 3 or 4 OFRN lines (Hemphill, Wilder, Wallace, etc).

The crappy blues are not coming from OFRN lines and unfortunately the Gotti mess got it's start in the UKC (as an APBT). They've got Neo and Corso in the woodpile (along with hung papers)
[notify]
Princess

The most lovable- dog in the- world.

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 5:24pm PST 
Alva beat me to it. Good job. applause

To repeat everything that's probably been said and beat that dead horse, a nose color is really just a nose color. There's a breeding line called old family red nose (or something like that, someone has probably mentioned it by now) but beyond that a pit bull is not recognized for his nose. There are terms (red nose, blue nose) but the nose color has nothing to do with the "type" of pit bull or whether he or she would be an ideal working dog or not.

Blue noses are not black. Blue is a bit lighter than black and recognizable when you see it.

I'm going to use my sister's dogs as examples here, as I know she wouldn't mind.

You can see the differences in nose color between them and Lilo.

Should always be remembered that a nose color is literally... just a nose color. Anyone selling a pit bull (or any bully, really) for a higher price than their other puppies based on nose color alone is probably a bad breeder. Likewise, anyone who even feels it necessary to mention nose color is probably not trustworthy. And it should also be noted that they are not terms to describe a type of pit bull. A dog who is red is not automatically a red nose, nor is a blue dog automatically blue nose.
[notify]
Xx Sabrina- Selene xX

The American- Bully Goddess

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 5:29pm PST 
Gotti dogs does NOT have neo nor corsos in them. They have english bulldog in them. The line started off on the wrong foot to begin with. They aren't apbts they are american bullies and for the most part poorly bred ones.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 11:30pm PST 
Gotti dogs look like they'd have trouble running. Short, stubby legs with a huge chest...doesn't look good to me.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2