GO!

"No Kill" Breeding For Funds? Egads!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 11:06am PST 
OMG.

Puppy mill.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 11:17am PST 
*covers eyes and runs away*
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 11:17am PST 
naughty This is just insanity. I will never understand how some people think or fail to think.confused I have no clue how producing more puppies that need homes in any way helps support dogs who need homes it makes absolutely no sense.
Can anyone explain this to me?shockconfusedcry
[notify]

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 12:07pm PST 
...I really just can't follow it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 1:56pm PST 
It seems they're saying that because they're no kill they have dogs there for a long time which makes sense. So apparently they need to breed the puppies to make money for the long term residents. Nothing like pulling on people's heartstrings to sell your milled puppies.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 8:09am PST 
I am just speechless! Noticed that the links to 'puppies' all worked but only a few of the pedigree ones. And that there is a pug in the background photo...probably doing some pug mixes too???

At least it is a lovely example on what kind of breeder to avoid smile
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 9:09am PST 
This is just sad. frown

I mean if you need funds then do fundraisers or reach hand for donation breeding more dogs isn't the answer. I mean your spending money on feeding these breeding dogs and puppies which the food could go for the shelter dogs..

Plus any vet care though I doubt they're doing any health care except for shots and health checkup.

This doesn't sound good.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 10:13am PST 
Thank-you Buster for your attempt to explain,although I see it also makes no sense to you and many others as well. Saya,your plan makes sense to me and sounds like something a sane,reasonable,reputable rescue would do. It is very reassuring to know that it is not me but the people running this "rescue" that are the ones that are a bit confused and possibly a little "off their nut." Thank-you Tiller for making us aware of this problem,now if only we could figure out how to stop it.naughtynaughty
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 4:36pm PST 
shockshockshockshocknaughty
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 4:47pm PST 
eekeekeekeekeek speechless
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)