GO!

"No Kill" Breeding For Funds? Egads!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:12pm PST 
SPEECHLESS!

Appparently BYBs now have figured out how to work the "all breeders should rescue" for the naive public.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:37pm PST 
Wait, what? I'm confused...let me try to get this straight...this is a no-kill shelter struggling to find homes for the unwanted dogs they take in and in order to raise money for the upkeep of the place, they're breeding dogs to sell puppies? This isn't making sense... shock confused shrug If they're struggling to find homes for the unwanted dogs, how does making more puppies help the situation for them? thinking naughty ...and they're asking for donations on top of that?! naughty

Also trying to figure out if Cabella is a Poodle or Goldendoodle? thinking

They are actively encouraging people to buy one of their bred puppies first over one of the shelter dogs...shrug

Edited by author Mon Jan 28, '13 8:45pm PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:57pm PST 
That is horrendous naughty The spelling and grammar is atrocious. I was getting a headache reading through it. The appalling lack of ethics and misrepresentation borders on criminal. Are there not standards in place to be considered a bona-fide no-kill shelter? Sadly, I think some people will get taken in.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 10:11pm PST 
silenced

"This shelter has no choice but to breed some to support the many that never leave."

I don't even know what to say to that kind of logic.

"We guarantee the temperament, obedience, and family loyalty of each and every puppy that leaves here and the health and agility for a long and happy life."

They guarantee obedience in a puppy? That's an impressive guarantee! I'd love to read the fine print on that one, were there any.

Natasha, I was wondering the same things about Cabella. It says he's an AKC registered Poodle, but yikes! Just goes to show that AKC registration doesn't mean a whole lot.
[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 10:25pm PST 
That is awful... Where do people get the nerve! How can you have so many individuals you're breeding and then only have 4 animals available for adoption? I don't get it. And I'm all for breeders that participate in breed specific rescue... but this is a whole new level of low.

I pray the public is smart enough to know better than to support them...
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 10:59pm PST 
I wonder if they have been doing this for a while. Read the pedigrees, a whole lot of the same names and a couple of the females are Mauchos daughters.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 11:18pm PST 
Sadly, I see this a lot.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 12:18am PST 
*Gags*
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:31am PST