GO!

Just for kicks

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:27am PST 
Mulder, it is interesting to actually think about.
To be fair, I often wonder about what Bud would be like had he ended up in a 'real' working home. He was bred to work,(I think when I looked he shares a similar ancestry to Ridley) and perhaps I have done him a disservice. The rest of the dogs are good with it, but sometimes I look at Bud and wonder. Sabi made a great PPD and was an amazing partner,but she loved the work because she loves me. Bud would have loved a partner because he loved the work, if that makes sense. Of course his start in life guaranteed he would not ever be stable enough for work, great dog but I would never trust his off if he seriously thought I was in trouble.
Perhaps because a majority of my dogs are poorly bred off of ASL or 'old style' lines the work drive has been diluted enough that these guys really have become just pets and a seperate entity from the true 'working GSD'
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:45pm PST 
Sabi........***I like independance but not quite to the extreme of 'I'm leaving you for the neighbor'. If I wanted that I'd get married again***

That is to funny big laugh
Huskies are definitely my breed, I had a couple black labs and they were great, and I have also had a pitty and a rottie, all great dogs, very smart, but I have my Huskies now, and I love them dearly and have fell in love with their breed, they are so unique it seems and have such character about them.
Sabi is a very beautiful pup BTW. And your breed all depends on you and not what others say, but just for kicks is just for kicks and fun to find out what others have to say
way to go
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:36pm PST 
Mika I don't think I would ever not have GSDs, I would like to explore BRTs and I adore Bouvs and Giants, I have had a thing for Bouvs since I was 8 and read 'A Dog of Flanders' and someone my uncle knew had a Giant that was just a sweetie. I was devoted to my Mal but very clear that as a breed they are not for me. I have run the whole spectrum in my life from my childhood Yorkie, the incomparable Little Missee to my amazing BC cross Ribs, and the ever majestic Wolfhound Stryker. The first dog I took into an OB ring was a beautiful black and silver GSD bitch, Tia. My first patrol dog was a stunning dark red sable GSD Billy. I have always had a GSD around, for the most part.
I thought it would be fun to see what other people thought, since I am not a GSD person laugh out loud Although the spoiled brats here may beg to differ.wink
I do find it amusing that the breed selectors keep giving me Chessies, a breed I admire but probably would never own.shrug
[notify]

Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 8:46pm PST 
My favorite breed is rescue. I don't have a "heart breed" but I have a "type", and I can easily see mix breeds as my type.

Maybe it's being a new dog owner, maybe it's that my dog is not "working" except to be a companion and comic relief, but I think if you have that little "crush" on a dog, you work with it to fit your life however you have to.

I LOVE Ace, who I think is a shepherd/husky mix. She has the gentle sociability of a husky, but also strong on guarding our turf as a watchdog. I didn't get a dog to be a watchdog, but I feel a lot better that she's not a typical husky showing the burglars where all the good stuff is. I think shepherd/husky can be a great mix
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4