GO!

Wisdom Panel Results!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Zoey

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 9:56pm PST 
I just posted a thread for guessing, and decided to check to see when my results would be in and they were ready! So now it is up to you to tell me if they seem believable or not. Zoey is 73 pound very tall girl who was marked as a Catahoula Leopard dog mix when we adopted her.

The test states that on one side all the way to her great grandparents she is 100% purebred American Foxhound.

On her other side her parent was a Bloodhound mix. One of her great grandparents was a purebred Bloodhound the other was a mixed breed. That is also the same for her grandparents.

The test also detected 11.46% Basset Hound, 9.69% Whippet, 6.17% Dalmation, 4.67% Black and Tan Coonhound and 3.32& Labrador Retriever. I honestly thought she would have some Catahoula in her but none of the breeds detected are extremely off besides the whippet. You can look at her pictures and decide
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 3:31pm PST 
Bump! Any opinions?
[notify]
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 6:37am PST 
I posted to your last thread. I guessed one of the breeds right! I just don’t see the Catahoula Leopard Dog in her. Her build does resemble the American Foxhound. I can also see some Bloodhound in her, now that you mention it. I said she looked like she had some Bluetick Coonhound in her, but I guess what I’m seeing is Bloodhound. I guessed the Basset Hound right! But, I’m just not seeing the Catahoula Leopard Dog. Probably because it isn’t there!
[notify]

Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:32pm PST 
I don't know what else she could have gotten the merling from but a Catahoula--she's no Aussie, that's for sure. laugh out loud

But as far as I know, none of those breeds the DNA test "found" carry merle.. Unless it's related to Dalmatian spotting, but I don't think it is (Dal-smart people correct me if I'm wrong). I dunno, I'd just keep calling her a Catahoula/Foxhound mix.

Even though Ava's DNA test said there's no BC in her, it also said she's 75% westie, and if that's true (which it's not) would mean one parent was purebred Westie, and the other was half Westie, and I didn't see her dad but I DID see pics of her mom, and her mom is obviously a high-content Lab mix--oh, the DNA test didn't find Lab either. Go figure. haha. I still call her a BC/lab mix when people ask. smile

Zoey's very pretty!

Edited by author Fri Dec 14, '12 12:37pm PST

[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:04pm PST 
Yeah Eduardo the only thing Catahoula I see about her is her Merle markings, I would of never guessed Basset Hound so good job!

Thank you Ava and Nix. No shes not an Aussie!! I don't know, I thought she'd maybe have Dane or Catahoula in her both of which can have Merle markings. I don't know much about Dal's but most of her "merling" are spots so to me the Dalmation could possibly be the reason for her "Merle-ish" markings. I probably will just call her a Catahoula Hound mix like I have been. The test was a gift I honestly thought it was going to be way off but nothing seems too far fetched other than the whippet laugh out loud I will post a link to my other thread that shows her markings more close up they do look somewhat like Dal markings to me. The pictures are on the last page.
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Choosing_the_Right_Dog/thread/761955

Ava looks nothing like a Westie! That's crazy. Your pups are gorgeous though! I adore Border Collies.
[notify]