GO!

Wisdom DNA panel. (Breed guess!)

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zoey

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 11:30am PST 
I received a Wisdom insights panel as a birthday gift and decided to use it on Zoey. The results are due in 11 days and I thought I would start a thread on here so people can guess what breeds she is mixed with then I will reveal the results once I get them. I know they aren't very accurate but it is still fun and it was free. When we adopted her they said she was a Catahoula Leopard Dog mix. She is 4 years old and weighs 73 pounds, and is 28 inches from the shoulder.

Zoey 1

Zoey 2

Zoey 3

Zoey 4

Zoey 5
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:19pm PST 
'Houla/Hound mix of some kind would be my guess. I could even see some Beagle in a pinch. I think your rescue was dead on. smile
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 1:01pm PST 
I agree, she looks like a Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound mix.
[notify]

Annie

I know I'm cute- rub my belly!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 4:26pm PST 
I see some sort of hound in her ears.
[notify]
Wiggles BN

wiggles is my- name ,digging is- my game

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 4:31pm PST 
I agree Leopard dog and some sort of hound
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 6:56pm PST 
I agree with all of you. I know she has hound in her because she howls or "woo's" like a hound. Her markings make me thing Catahoula. I'm anxious to see what the test says. I have a feeling she has some kind of giant breed in her just because she is so tall. Standing next to a female Dane she is almost the same height! But there are some tall hounds so I guess we'll see when the test results come back.
[notify]
Graham

Part angel, part- devil, all dog

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 7:41pm PST 
It will be interesting to see what the results are. Whatever she is, she is absolutely stunning.big grin
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 7:57pm PST 
Thank you Graham! smile
[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 9:24pm PST 
Surprise guys! I just got her results early!
On one side all the way back to her great grandparents she is purebred American Foxhound. On the other side one of her grandparents and great grandparents were purebred Bloodhounds and the other half was mixed breed. They also identified 11.46% Basset Hound, 9.69% Whippet, 6.17% Dalmation, 4.67% Black and Tan Coonhound, and 3.32& Labrador Retriever. So one of her parents was a purebred American Foxhound and another was a Bloodhound mix. Crazy! The only one that is not very possible is whippet but I guess you never know.
[notify]
Wiggles BN

wiggles is my- name ,digging is- my game

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 2:31pm PST 
Wow that is crazy, i wonder where her beautiful markings came from..I guess the basset??
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2