GO!

DNA test cannot possibly be right...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Macy

Back Off! I- really don't- like strangers!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:11am PST 
I tried the Wisdom Panel with Macy. The results came back rat terrier/Russell terrier cross. I just couldn't see that so contacted them and they ran it again. That time the results showed 1/2 Russell terrier and 1/4 each Siberian husky and beagle. Don't know if the shelter where she was adopted had actual info (she was a surrender) or just went on appearance, but they had her listed as a Sheltie mix. Her appearance and coat type look more like a Sheltie. Guess her actual breed will forever be a mystery!
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 12:38pm PST 
Well I have to admit I've seen some mixes with known parentage that you'd never guess their breed and some where if I hadn't seen the litter (born in rescue) I would not have believed they could have come from that mother. When you get a multi generation mixed breed you can have some odd traits pop out that don't resemble the breeds at all.
[notify]
Theo

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 6:16pm PST 
I used Wisdom Panel and I know it worked as I had mom so I knew half their determination was definitely right. Dog genetics are just funny and tricky. You'd never guess the dog in my picture is half-sheltie, but I was her fall out of the sheltie so I know it's true! LOL

Edited by author Sat Dec 15, '12 6:20pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2