|Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 12:14pm PST |
|I'm doing this for someone I know, and she's not sure what breed to get and was ORIGINALLY wanting a Bull Mastiff, but she wanted a male and I pointed out their tendency towards SSA as she has a male Rottweiler right now.
1. Little to no grooming preferred.
2. Must be good with kids or at least tolerant of them.
3. Exercise depends - they don't WALK their dogs, but they live on a farm and they let their current dog free roam outside, and he's an indoor/outdoor as he pleases dog.
4. She LOVES bully breeds and mastiffs most, so if there's anything in there that's least likely in terms of SSA, that's best. She also loves small dogs like Chihuahua's, Bichon/Shih-tzu's, etc.
5. Size doesn't matter.
6. They do not have farm animals, but they DO have two cats, so a breed more likely to be tolerant or good with cats is preferred too.
7. Not overly clingy, or in your face-velcro, but affectionate is wanted.
8. Eager to please, or at least more biddable than say, my hound.
I suggested the potential for a Lab for them as I think a Lab would be happy in their household. She DOES have a ton of experience with larger breeds; Mastiffs and Bullies in particular all ranging from APBT's, to Rottweilers and Bull Mastiffs.
So... Suggest away and ask whatever questions you want!
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|