GO!

Should she stay or go?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 5:03pm PST 
One of my pulls from a mill a while back was a sweet young GSD female I have named Morrigan. She is about 9-10 months old and has been fostered here for awhile. She is a pure delight. She is gentle, quiet and very willing. Not my usual type laugh out loud But something about this girl speaks to me.
Sabi will not dodge to many more bullets, so to speak, and losing her will no doubt kill me but I still have Shadow and she has grown up in a multi dog household. Morri is the first foster I have had here that Shadow actually likes. I have tried to keep some distance as I really think ultimately Morri needs to move along but maybe she should stay? Bud seems fine with her but since he is really just devoted to Sabs it's hard to tell. And he isn't young either. I already work more then I should, I really don't need another dog. I am just a bit worried that I might be passing up a real pal for Shadow. I know I can still get a puppy from a breeder later, but what if Shadow hates it?
So should I keep a dog I really don't need or maybe want just because she fits or should I let her go and see what the future holds?
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 5:25pm PST 
We were kind of in the same situation before we got Koby. I really love Kali's temperament and we found out her brother had a litter. Jax was getting older and Kali had never been without a house-mate. So, even though the last thing we needed was another dog, we decided to go for it. It was a real pain having 3 dogs and I never realized how little work Jax was until she was gone. Having 3 dogs was a lot of work and expense for me, but I'm glad I did it. We ended up with another great dog and would have missed the opportunity. If it was me, and I could afford it, I would do it. Like you said, Sabi is getting older just like Jax, and that's why I decided on Koby. Good Luck with which ever way you jump. smile
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 6:02pm PST 
"because she fits"

I think that statement says a lot, don't you?

There are much worse reasons to keep a dog... I think there's something special about the ones who manage to "fit" us just right wink
[notify]

Sabi

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 6:29pm PST 
You are both right.
Jax I like her, she is just sooo easy I'm afraid I'll get bored.
Mulder you nailed it but this is no working dog. This is a nanny, a kids pet. She is friendly, a bit shy and just wiggly sweet so will she be ok with me for the next 14 years? Her and Shadow are great and its nice to see Shadow play. Is that enough?
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 7:14pm PST 
Can't answer that one for you...

After all, I kept Sally, and she's the most boring, lazy, NOT training oriented dog I could have ever hoped to find.

I am not in a good position to advise laugh out loud
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:27pm PST 
I think your heart has already told you the answer?

I kind of want another one, my husband is a bit on the fence. We are in accord about fostering more though, and hope to get another foster as soon as he arrives in from Texas. I sometimes wonder what I would do if the next dog is much more mellow and non-drivey than Miyu is. But then again, it's difficult having two that are. With Shadow and Bud being what they are... maybe it would be good for you to have a sweet, sweet easy going girl. Even if she isn't going to be anything more than just a loving pet. Nothing wrong with that, you know? Especially if, like you said, Sabi is... unfortunately growing old.

I feel you on the money issues though. That's the one thing that really sobers up the romantic thoughts in my head.
[notify]
Sabi

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:18pm PST 
See I always worried that if anything ever happened to Sabs, Bud would just give up. He adores her, he dotes on her, she is his one true lovelaugh out loud
I'm afraid I am going to lose both of them which leaves just me and my Shadow, who would honestly be lost without them. I am almost afraid that if I send Morri away Shadow will not accept another dog.

I guess I could get another pup later.

I took miss Morri for a walk the other night and I was standing there just petting her and looking into her eyes and I swear she winked at me and said trust me. shh
I may not be spending enough time with humans anymoreshrug

And this is why I should NOT rescue
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:20pm PST 
Awww you KNOW that means you should keep her!

Seriously though. I mean... there's a reason she's speaking to you. You have so many dogs go through your home with the rescue, why just this one? I think that alone speaks volumes. Especially since Shadow gets along with her. That's huge!

I'm so bad at playing devil's advocate.
[notify]
Sabi

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:34pm PST 
I think I know the answer but really? Four dogs and still no new partner?
Miyu you are right. I love all the dogs while they are here but I am thrilled to place them in their new homes. This little girl has very quietly wiggled her furry butt into the family and I would be very upset if she left. But I like problem dogs. I enjoy the adventure of trying to solve the puzzle. She is so quiet and easygoing. I don't know what to do with her.
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 2:53am PST 
I am certainly not one to say whether she should stay or go because I am in the habit of telling everyone who fosters to keep their fosterbig laugh I just wanted to weigh in on the " I wouldn't know what to do with her, she's too easy statement" Princesse has a couple of small issues ( she doesn't like kids or strange women) but I find her a very good balance with Bunny. It's like she gives me a "break" from Bunny's quirks. Something to think about... Oh, and when she joined the family, she fit right in wink
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3