GO!

Favorite Doodle?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 42)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 5:27pm PST 
@ Lucille, I think it depends what segment of the livestock population you talk to.

This is all based on the bedouin (Arabian horse) who probably were the masters of all time....no one can really replicate them....who would utilize mares of intense linebreeding or inbreeding. And then bring in fresh blood stallions. Still Arabians, still pure, but from a totally different tribe.

Quite a few dog breeders use this practice also. Skansen does, and of course are very successful. My Onion was by a stud from Belgium and from a linebred bitch. Tiller's sire is from Spain, his dam by a dog from Russia and from a linebred female. Generally, you find what is termed as a "blue hen," (horse term=prolific producer), linebreed then outcross.

I think the big rile in dogs is the extremes of diversity. I don't see it matched anywhere else, in the livestock world. I think, frankly, that's why of the Doodles we see, the most consistent and usually most balanced is the schnoodle....both dogs come out of Germany, could easily have some shared genetic link, their types are not highly opposed. Vs the Goldendoodle, let's say, or Labradoodle.

I personally will always consider a hybrid a cross between species because of the mule. If you do go onto foster horses, if one day after doing that for a while you get a mule, the difference them is something I have never seen in dogs and probably never will. Mules are inherently different and more than a sum of their parts. They are smarter, for one, than either, with a superior cognitive ability. They also are stronger. Much.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 6:21pm PST 
I like the Googledoodle myself. I find them to be quite creative, fun, and even insightful.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 42)  
1  2  3  4  5