GO!

Favorite Doodle?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Mateo

Super Service- Schnoodle

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 10:46am PST 
Now I'm biased, because Mateo is a Giant Schnoodle, so yes, Schnoodles are my favorite Poodle mix. But why do or don't you like certain Poodle mixes?

Schnoodles are my favorite, because of the two Giants I know, they both retain all the loyalty of the GS, and the intelligence of the Std. Poodle.

My least favorite that I've actually met was a Boxerdoodle. It was like a wiry Boxer, with limited bite inhibition, was wary of people and was too smart for her own good. She was NOT dog friendly.
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 11:38am PST 
The doodle craze makes me cringe and a bit sad. Why do we need to cross everything with a poodle? I especially hate seeing my breed turned into a bernerdoodle. Taking my beautiful breed and crossing it just to make a trendy doodle is horrible cry Bernese are already intelligent, sweet and loyal and crossing them with a poodle, or anything else only ruins both breeds.
Poodles are wonderful dogs in their own right, so why not just get a poodle instead of crossing them with everything under the sun?
And no, you don't always get the best of both worlds when you cross breed.
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 12:13pm PST 
I quite like the look of saint bernard/poodle mixes kinda like chewbacca laugh out loud a few came into a rescue here a couple of years ago I was so tempted. I would only ever rescue a mix though.

I can't imagine the intelligence a giant schnauzer/poodle mix would have shock

Edited by author Sun Nov 25, '12 12:14pm PST

[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:28pm PST 
I've seen two St.Doodley dogs this year and both looked like over grown Portuguese Water Dogs. Not one ounce of them had any resemblance to a Saint. Only thing that looked Poodle was the curly fur. And who knows what kind of personality you'd get.

I've also seen a Bernese Doodle dog too and same thing. Looked like a big mixed breed with medium curly fur.

I don't like the look of any doodle looking dog. Just doesn't appeal to me.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:40pm PST 
As a fancier of both Labradors and poodles, the doodle ANYTHING craze drives me BONKERS!!
What most people seem to forget is that responsible breeders with dogs bred to the standards and all health testing done DO NOT DOODLE!! This means that almost all of the doodles result from breedings between parents who most likely do not conform to the breed standards either in structure or temperament or both, and have no health clearances so, in addition to the natural luck of the draw in terms of what gene comes from what parent, you also have those poorer temperament/structure genes floating about.
I LOVE my labs and I LOVE my poodles but I have yet to meet a labradoodle who is not crazy off the wall insane and almost impossible to live with!! It usually gets blamed on either breed but, frankly, my labs AND my poodles are calm, easy to train, and perfect the way they are. No need to mess with that just to get an oversized crazy, hyper, dog!!!
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:47pm PST 
I'm with Bosley & Toto. To me it is ludicrous to pick my favourite mixed breedlaugh out loud Every mutt is adorable, but doodles aren't a breed, so it would have to be an individual dog that impressed me.
[notify]
Sugar

Ooh ooh, can we- PLEASE go on a- walk!

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:51pm PST 
It's hard for me to have a favorite "doodle" when they are all a bunch of overpriced mutts from money-grubbing backyard breeders. I wonder what they will come up with next. silenced
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:57pm PST 
The doodle craze also bothers me quite a bit. There is no reason to make these crosses, a *SMALL* percentage of breeders actually do health testing and are breeding the dogs for a purpose such as Service Dog, Therapy, ect.

Overall it is just a money grabbing phase that I hope the dog world will abandon soon.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 2:40pm PST 
I am not a poodle fan. However I do recognize that they are a wonderful breed with great versatility. I fail to see what crossing them with anything accomplishes.
As has already been mentioned since there is no goal in mind, there is no standard so it would be an individual dog that would have to impress. I am thankful that the ones I know have great homes, but I would never condone breeding them. The shelters are full of them.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 2:43pm PST 
My favorite Doodle? Cross out the D and replace it with a P. It's called a Poodle. A breed that tops lists for its intelligence, trainability, sociability and family companionship qualities.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5