GO!

Pathfinder Goldens Auburn NH

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 2:49pm PST 
I won't go into the bit about whether or not I believe all Golden Retriever's should be active bird dogs because I think it's off topic.....but I will state that IMHO any breeders ***most definitely*** should be.

I have no trouble with any dog of any breed of dog being dual purpose, as long as the favor the dog is doing the owner by indulging them in what they want to do, is ultimately returned and the dog is allowed to do what it inherently wants to do at some point too.

And I don't at all agree with the bench/field split. I think that's just a ludicrous excuse to create extremes that don't do any breed any amount of good.
[notify]
Leia

The Cowardly- Lion - I'll find my- courage

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 3:24pm PST 
Yes, I understand, sorry for going off-topic! I may not totally agree, but I understand your point. Thanks for sharing it with me smile

Ok, side topic over, back to the main show.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 7:58am PST 
this post is directed to beanster......I am NOT the owner of Pathfinder goldens, I did however purchase from them. I am posting about my own dogs! Again....some people sure are quick to judge!! Apology accepted.
[notify]

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 9:48am PST 
Guest, then is the "stud" you referred to in your previous post the puppy you PURCHASED from Pathfinder? Because it seems odd they held back "top pick" for breeding and you somehow got a breed-worthy pup (as the term "stud" would imply) as well.

Or did you not realize anyone can go back and read your post history, even as a guest?
[notify]
Beanster, CD, RN, CGC

We don't - doodle!!!

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 12:06pm PST 
More interestingly, at the time I posted my comment, the ORIGINAL response from the owner was ALSO listed in the "my family" posts under the exact same guest membership number as the "testimonial" AND the post concerning field titling the stud.
Strangely enough, it is no longer listed there, some of the posts now have another guest ID, hmmmmm.
No apology extended!!!!

Edited by author Sun Dec 2, '12 12:10pm PST

[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 4:26pm PST 
Ever so interesting!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 4:41pm PST 
In reading the mission of this site....."if you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning". It appears to me that this thread has taken on a life of it's own, going way off topic from the original post....and has become a "review" of my kennel by people that don't even know me or my dogs. The posts have become judgemental and some of them downright mean. I stated my position about my breeding program and stand true to it. I replied via private email to the original poster I will no longer post in response to anymore threads. Have a nice day everyone!
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 2:49pm PST 
"if you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. ***In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care.*** No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning".

Starring mine.

This is EXACTLY the place to talk about what makes a breed what it is and what it is that differentiates a good breeder from bad one.

No one is criticizing your opinion, knowledge or advice, but rather disagreeing with it. That is certainly allowed and is the entire point of this forum.

Just because you don't like what others have to say doesn't mean others aren't allowed to say it.

Feel free to discuss why you don't think it's important for a retriever to be a retriever, what led you to that conclusion, and the conclusion that certain health testing isn't essential for good breeding practices. You have every right to your opinion just as everyone else here does.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3