GO!

Hey Tiller - Still have that lovely English Setter?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Niki

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:15am PST 
Just got your message and responded! smile

If that husky came to visit my house, I guarantee he would not leave. Looks like such a precious old soul!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:17am PST 
Tiller what areas do you pull from? I want to petfinder and see if anyone catches my eye.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 12:14pm PST 
There's a little Poodle-Tzu cross boy I was thinking of. I will get a pic and put it on Tiller's page.

Also....don't Petfinder! Go to Petharbor.com. They are the place where shelters, kill shelters, list their strays. It's harder navigation, so let me know if you have trouble. But if you wanted to look, do searches in Abita Springs Town, LA, or in San Antonio, TX. Also, if anyone wanted to offer their southern area for Jewel to look on PetHarbor, that would be cool as well. The two I have given you are where we have contacts. Also in Cumberland County, TN.

You won't get cutesy descriptions, just pictures. But 'tis a place to start. Now let me go see if that little young man is still there!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 12:22pm PST 
Ok....there are two there now laugh out loud It's primarily the little black boy I was thinking of. If you think he might be something, then you need to tell me like yesterday so I can get more info. Things move tragically quickly at kill shelters frown
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 12:34pm PST 
Eh. I really want a girl. Plus there's a whole issue here where the CKC does't "allow" mixed breeds to compete. You have to apply for a PEN and send in pictures of the dog stating ONE breed and you have to get a vet to sign the pictures saying they are that one breed not a mix.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:04pm PST 
Well that CKC rule really sucks. I'll boycott them right along with the AKC for their stupid regs. boo hiss. Canada might have even fewer performance competition options than the US, though...I don't know.

What's the fear in letting mixed breeds compete? Owning an absolutely stellar one I think I know why wink She rocks.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:11pm PST 
Believe me I don't like it!! I went through all that to get Jewel her PEN because is my area there aren't many other options for competition. And then I got an e-mail from my CKC zone rep asking for ideas about how to up our numbers so I TOLD her. She answered back that I never should have gotten a PEN for Jewel, that I broke the rules, that my vet could have his license taken away and all this BS. I was blown away!! But I'm stuck.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:26pm PST 
Not to worry...we can still get it done. I just need to cast my net wider and hook up with some of breed rescue contacts. Did not realize about the CKC. Less evolved than the AKC? Egads!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:30pm PST 
I know, the CKC's rules were one of the reasons I was looking at a breeder dog.
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 8:15pm PST 
Tiller I need help too, I'm having a 'dog breed identity crisis' so to speak... silenced

Edited by author Fri Nov 9, '12 8:20pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4