GO!

Name Changing?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 7:51am PST 
My name was Blue, yuck. I like Fritz much better and I easily learned my new name.
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 8:39am PST 
Yep, pretty easy to change. Sumo was Nick before he came to live with us. Seriously, it only took a day for Sumo to recognize his new name. Smart little fella!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 8:02pm PST 
Ok cool now i know that it was that easy wave
[notify]

Stella

I'm from Broken- Bow, we don't- play that!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 9:57am PST 
Bentley's name used to be Calvin at his first home(got him from a breeder) didn't care for the name and apparently he didn't either.

I'm not big on some of the names that shelters pick for their animals. I mean what kind of name is Fudge or Alpine?
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 10:26am PST 
Maddox was Mack. I wonder how many Max's and Mack's had been before him. So unoriginal.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 11:17am PST 
"I'm not big on some of the names that shelters pick for their animals. I mean what kind of name is Fudge or Alpine?"

Well to be fair, they name thousands of dogs a year in some shelters. It's pretty tough to come up with the perfect name over and over. Besides they often don't get to know the dogs well enough to come up with a personal name for each and every one.

Dogs easily respond to a new name, even the ones that are typically slow to train. It's all in your tone of voice and the fact that you're looking at them and obviously addressing them. Dogs are smart critters and teaching them their name is one of the easiest things you can train to begin with.
[notify]
Rolo

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 11:26am PST 
I didn't really like the names my 3 rescued dogs came with, but I decided to keep them anyway. They weren't horrible after all. They all have at least 3 names they respond to, for example Rolo is "Little Red" and "Toaster" (from the 'Brave Little Toaster').
[notify]
Fenrir

Veni Vidi Nom

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 12:22pm PST 
Fenrir was Gumbo at the shelter. That's what you get for adopting a dog in New Orleans laugh out loud In retrospect I kind of wish I'd kept it though. It would be easier for people to understand when they ask his name.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 3:16pm PST 
Am I the only one who kept the names their dogs came with??

Eta: I see Rolo did as well. So I'm not alone! laugh out loud

Edited by author Wed Oct 31, '12 3:19pm PST

[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 3:16pm PST 
nom nom double post.

Edited by author Wed Oct 31, '12 3:21pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3