GO!

What breeds is SweetPea?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

I am so sweet- and cute! ADOPT- ME!!! ♥♥♥

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 9:38pm PST 
SweetPea is an adoptable dog from the rescue I volunteer with. I am just wondering what breeds everyone thinks she might be. She's just a little girl, about 30 lbs and 10 months-1 year old. She is very affectionate and energetic. She just has the sweetest expression. She's brand new to the program, and I haven't met her yet, and just barely adding her to our website, but I think I may have fallen in love already. ♥ ♥ ♥

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
[notify]
Banjo

Little rascal

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 11:35pm PST 
Its hard to tell from the photos. Looks like she might have some Husky in her possibly. Whatever she is she's adorable.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 1:15am PST 
She looks like a n Australian kelpie! Do her ears stand up or are they always flat like in the pics?
[notify]

SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 8:36am PST 
Sorry about the delay in response. I had to wait until I could meet her in order to tell you if her ears stick up or lay flat. She was at the adoption event on Saturday, and her ears lay flat all the time like in her pictures. The pictures are kind of deceiving - She looks big and her paws & legs look big. But really, she only weighs 25 lbs and has thin legs and tiny paws. She's also super shy, but very cute! I was unable to get new pics, but I will the next time she comes to an adoption event.

We were thinking maybe Border Collie/Heeler or Australian Shepherd/Heeler, but we really aren't sure still. Anymore input on what you guys think she might be, will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You! (:
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Oct 17, '12 12:48am PST 
My best guess would be kelpie/border collie. I see no heeler in her at all, no Aussie either. The way the tan melds into white on her snout is common in that mix. The flop ears could come from the collie.
[notify]
SweetPea - ADOPTABLE

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 5:25am PST 
Sweetpea was ADOPTED!!! smile
[notify]