GO!

If you could...?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 4:49am PST 
Rescue for me, especially if I had lots of time , resources and help.

Specifically, "Pit Bulls", Labs and Chihuahuas, since those are the top three on Petfinderfrown

Realistically, if I had to pick 1 of those 3 breeds , it would be Chis. My reasoning for that is that I do have a bit of experience with those and none with the other 2 breedssmile
[notify]
Vladimir

Lady Killer

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 9:30am PST 
If I had all the land WITH a ton of money and all the time in the world, I'd like to start a rescue. Not sure about a breeding kennel...I would have to get into the show world for that and I'm just not interested. I leave that to more experienced people.

I'd probably start a sighthound rescue (that rescues other breeds/mixed breeds as well) and have a whole bunch of borzoi running around as my personal dogs. lol
[notify]
Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 8:28am PST 
If I could open my own shelter, which I do plan to do eventually. Once I get through college for Animal Shelter Management and Veterinary Tech. I do not want my shelter to be breed specific but just say in this case since you asked us to specify. I would dedicate my work to the bully breeds, particularly pit bulls. There is a lot of work that comes along with managing a rescue, but at the same time the reward is just as great if you ask me.

As far as breeding goes it is not something that I would want to get involved with. The way I look at it, we do not need anymore animals breed into this world when we have hundreds of thousands homeless already.
[notify]

Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 2:07pm PST 
Hmm...welp this is going to end up being an off-topic answer, lol.

No, I would not breed. Mostly because I can't have just one breed of dog, it's too weird for me. There are so many breeds out there that I would love to have, I would most likely fill up my property with all my dream dogs lol. But breeding can also be so stressful and heartbreaking, not something I think I could get into. I would also rescue, but I wouldn't turn my whole property into a DOG rescue.

If I had the money and space, I'd would actually take that land and use it to create a rescue/haven for abused and neglected big cats that cannot live in the wild because of people that try to get them as pets.

I'd still rescue other animals, dogs and domesticated cats mostly, but if I had that kind of opportunity, that's what my dream would be xP
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 4:32pm PST 
I would do black dog (and other less adoptables) rescue.

Edited by author Thu Sep 20, '12 4:33pm PST

[notify]
Wufei

I'm not a boy,- I'm a real dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 7:59pm PST 
Off-topic:

@Rocky: Yes. I'd love to do that. Currently, I'm trying to get media attention for this two girls (students in an aviation school) who proudly posted in their facebook wall how they regularly kicked and hurt this stray cat in their school. One even admitted to kicking her from the 4th floor down to the 3rd floor of the building while the cat was pregnant... Unfortunately, I guess it's not newsworthy enough for them to run it. cry

I've sent emails to Animal Welfare Groups and TV Networks. No bite. frown
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 9:16pm PST 
I rescue the elderly and disabled pups.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 6:29pm PST 
I got Ace from a small rescue operation - basically one woman with help from her family. If I had the property, I'd consider doing something similar on a much smaller scale. I don't think I could handle more than half dozen or so dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2