GO!

Olive's NEW Wisdom Panel results.....(these are better!)

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Olive

Lab/Rottie/Chow/- Shepherd Mix!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 3:34pm PST 
After being told Olive was a cross between a Parson Russell Terrier and an Alaskan Eskimo Dog, I asked for a re-test. ... The results are in!

Olive's re-sample results!

A Labrador Retriever Mix crossed with a Rottweiler Mix.
Likely suggestions for mixed ancestry: Chow Chow, and White Swiss Shepherd.

Much more believable -- though the Rottweiler kind of surprised us!
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 5:10pm PST 
Much better indeed! laugh out loud

I asked 2 times now if they could rerun Scruffy's test and so far no dice. confused The first request they asked for a photo to explain the results further or to see if there was a mix up in the lab. (They refered to Scruffy as Bella during one of the breed trait explainations. :-x)

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 5:15pm PST

[notify]
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 5:48pm PST 
That sounds more like it!smile
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:55am PST 
Makes you wonder how they got the first results! thinking
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:57am PST 
Much better!!
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 10:13am PST 
@Turner - They called me to explain that there was an error in their lab processing. shrug
[notify]
Franklin- Gillard

I love to walk- with my human

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 5:52am PST 
Hi I wanted to respond to the post about the retesting of the DNA. Wisdom Panel is wonderful they are also retesting my dog because the results were just not even possible. I'm hoping that the results this time will be believable. They said it can take up to 20 days and I was just wondering how long did you wait for your re-test.
[notify]
Sky

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 9:07am PST 
I'm doing the WPDNA, too. I've been told by nearly everyone that the results have basically no value and are unreliable. I'm doing it in hopes my landlord will just believe it.

Interesting that the results changed so drastically. I'll echo the question, How long did it take for the retest?
[notify]
Sky

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 9:08am PST 
I'm doing the WPDNA, too. I've been told by nearly everyone that the results have basically no value and are unreliable. I'm doing it in hopes my landlord will just believe it.

Interesting that the results changed so drastically. I'll echo the question, How long did it take for the retest?
[notify]