GO!

Scruffy's Wisdom Panel results!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 10:53am PST 
Aww, thanks! I started calling him a Scruffador because he is a scruffy Labrador mix! laugh out loud All I have to say about his results is, at least these DNA tests are fun!

Edited by author Fri Aug 17, '12 11:05am PST

[notify]
Seamus

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:02pm PST 
We also did a Wisdom Panel on our mutt and were actually quite satisfied with the results... I do always say it would be interesting to do it again and see if they get the same results lol

Seamus came back 1/4 Bouvier on one side with the rest being mixed breed and 1/8 Golden on the other side with the rest being mixed. The mixed breed showed traces of Newf, Boarder Collie, Airedale Terrier... but those are very small percentage and could be as far back as third generation. I wouldn't expect to see much newf if his great grandmother only had 4% newf in her.

When I looked up pictures of Bouviers without the docked tail and the fancy grooming he actually does resemble one. His personality traits seem to match. Either way I thought it was fun to do... but it WOULD be interesting to see the same dog tested twice wink
[notify]
Macy

Back Off! I- really don't- like strangers!

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:31pm PST 
Actually, if you're totally in doubt or know for sure the results are off you can contact them and they run the results again manually instead of just using their computer program. Not that the results are likely to be more accurate! According to Macy's appearance (or based on previous owner's info, not really sure which) the shelter had her listed as a sheltie mix. The 1st set of Wisdom Panel results was 1/2 rat terrier, 1/2 Russell terrier. I questioned that as too many characteristics of the 2 just don't fit. They rechecked and came up with Siberian husky & beagle on one side and Russell terrier on the other. Maybe…she does have a thick double coat. Still looks more like the sheltie the animal shelter called her. Guess we'll never know and it was interesting to try it.
[notify]

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 7:26pm PST 
I contacted them and asked them to run the test again. They emailed me back, one of those standard company response type emails. confused I asked again if they could rerun the test so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by author Wed Aug 22, '12 7:31pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3