GO!

Scruffy's Wisdom Panel results!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 5:13pm PST 
For grins and giggles I decided to do a Wisdom Panel DNA test on my pups. We got Scruffy's results today and they are interesting to say the least. One side was all Mixed Breed and the other side was all Dogo/Mixed Breed/Chow/Mixed Breed.

So, according to Wisdom Panel Scruffy is a Dogo/Chow mix crossed with a Mixed Breed!! eek
The mixed breed suggestions were hints of Australian Terrier, Redbone Coonhound, Harrier, French Bulldog and Pharoh Hound!! eek

big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Edited by author Tue Aug 14, '12 7:54pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 6:49pm PST 
Well worth the money, eh? laugh out loud
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 6:55pm PST 
I got a major discount on them, but otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered. smile
[notify]

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 6:55pm PST 
I got a major discount on them, but otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered. smile
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 7:33pm PST 
my only thought-
????????????????????????????!!!
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 7:51pm PST 
Yep, the results are a real head scratcher. confused laugh out loud laugh out loud
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 8:18pm PST 
Well, now you can have fun with that when people ask you what breed Scruffy is! laugh out loud Just choose the most unlikely(Pharoh Hound, Dogo, etc) and call him that when folks ask! big grin Sometimes with mixed breeds you get such fun results. smile

When I did Echo's Wisdom Panel(also got a big discount), her results were Cocker Spaniel, Pekingese, Italian Greyhound, and German Shepherd. It was fun when people asked what breed she was to say German Shepherd or Cocker Spaniel! laugh out loud Nobody believed me, though. wink

Cocker Spaniel
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 8:58pm PST 
Gotta love those things. You guys just keep tempting me to submit DNA from Mika and Kai,just to see what would come up.

Natasha- That little pup actually does appear to have some spaniel in her,it's those eyes. Aside from that I have no clue how they came up with those breeds,I just don't see it.

hughughughughughughug- As long as you had a laugh from it. I guess we all need some entertainment from time to time.big laugh
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 10:33pm PST 
Mika & Kai,
Ya know, I gotta say, I feel just a little bit ripped off since most of the test came back as mixed breed. laugh out loud Considering he is a mutt after all. Oh well, it was well worth the laugh! I should be getting Lily's results in soon, that'll be fun! laugh out loud

Natasha,
I wonder why no one belived you when you shared Echo's breed results. Did you tell them that you had the DNA to prove it? big laugh

Edited by author Mon Aug 13, '12 10:53pm PST

[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 11:17pm PST 
*snorts* I'm not a fan, it's been a few years since I did it on one of my dogs for fun. Happy's sire actually, a tri color smooth coated border collie who I could trace back for several generations that I'd Seen the parents.

His results came back Husky/Rottie Chow/Greyhound... I laughed and went on with my life.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3