GO!

Tell me about Tollers

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '12 5:11am PST 
I wondered the same thing, Lilith. I noticed she's no longer part of your family either, Skyline? frown
[notify]
Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '12 10:22am PST 
No cry I didn't really want to go into it. They can be amazing dogs, Lil was not the norm, or so I'm told.

We had to return her to the breeder for Aggression towards my son (she was also severely DA to strange dogs- that I could have lived with though). Tried -everything- health testing, training and medications for over 1.5yrs. After another bite, we just couldn't do it anymore. cry

Edited by author Sun Aug 12, '12 10:24am PST

[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 12:40am PST 
Ditto Cohen (on the similarity to Aussies with an edge). I have been told by a few people that I would easily live with a Toller. The ones that I have met are all agility dogs and some seem to do hunt work. The first time I saw one was at an obedience trial. They are definitely on my list of "someday" breeds smile
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 7:31pm PST 
Hi -- I'm a late-comer to this discussion, but I wanted to add my experience. My Toller got me involved in hunting again after a 30 year hiatus. She is a natural hunter, brilliant at finding and flushing pheasants, and a wonderful friend, too. Tollers definitely are high-energy dogs, and wouldn't do well in a situation where they didn't get at least an hour of serious exercise every day. But they are amazingly smart and very trainable -- although they do have a habit of redefining the task on their own terms. A fabulous breed with wonderful brains and stamina.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3