GO!

Akita for my mom

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 2:27am PST 
No my mom has had dogs pretty much all of her life. And no, we don't know too much about the breed. We are learning though since my brother has Max, a dog that's half Shepherd half Akita!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 6:49am PST 
I'm glad you are continuing to research but please don't bet on the mix being like an Akita is. As it turned out ours was. She was my Akita in GSD clothing but she had siblings that were more GSD in traits even though they looked more Akita,some were in the middle as far as traits and some developed traits that seemed to be different than either. I hope that you mother enjoys her experience and remembers that socializing them does not end in puppy hood. As I posted before,I have many years of research and experience and you can p-mail me anytime for help or to answer a question.hugwishes
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 1:46am PST 
Thanks! Yeah we are researching both breeds just to make sure we have our bases covered.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 7:02pm PST 
@Yoshi nice question.... Having experience in handling dog breeds is important when it comes to in keeping dogs as pets.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 10:58pm PST 
Sometimes you don't have much of a chance to research BEFORE the dog arrives. A responsible person wouldn't take on a dog knowing nothing about dogs in general, and would research everything about the breed(s). As in Max's case, we didn't have much time to research. I couldn't get a hold of any shelters and the owners didn't want him. Even though Max isn't mine, I still help research about him.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2