GO!

HSUS - Breeding

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Howard

Tail Waggin'- Mutt

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 9:04pm PST 
deleted post

Edited by author Thu Nov 14, '13 12:40pm PST

[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 3:41pm PST 
It's rediculous in this day and age, I'll agree. that is way out of line. Besides, breeding is not a crime, neglect and poor animal husbandry are the actual troubles. Where would we be if good, honest people didn't breed dogs? oh yeah, the only dogs alive would be fighting pits and feral strays.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 4:50pm PST 
It's $5000 leading to the arrest and conviction of a breeder. This would mean a breeder is already breaking state or federal laws. I really much doubt the police is just going to go and arrest and a judge/jury is going to convict just ANY breeder who is doing their own thing.

Animal cruelty arrests and to an even lesser extent, conviction, is so extremely rare in this country. To actually be arrested or even convicted means that you probably did something really, really really wrong.

I don't have an opinion on HSUS but this $5000 reward is basically for reporting breeders who are blatantly breaking the law. I have no problem with that.
[notify]

Buster

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 6:37am PST 
If the money leads to more puppy mills being reported and the animals rescued that's great. But from what I've read of the HSUS they seem very connected to PETA and there's a concern that they're after all breeders not just puppy mills frown. It would be easy enough I would assume to fake evidence and make some of the larger scale but very good breeders look like puppy mills
[notify]