GO!

Thought we new what Bella was, now questioning it.

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 2:37am PST 
I really don't see Pit Bull at all. The problem is, a lot of mixes can look like Pit Bull, even if none is present in the mix.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 8:31am PST 
If you're not 100% sure, just stick with what you were told and Lab mix is not an unreasonable guess. People are going to guess a lot of things. IMO, she looks more Daney than Pitty to me.
[notify]
Zoey

oops theres a- wall there!

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 8:49pm PST 
With experience I have found that lots of Lab mixes do look pittish. I had a dog once named Tripp and his mom was a purebred yellow lab and his dad was a black lab/heeler mix and everyone thought everywhere I went that he had pit in him. shrug plus just because she is a vet/ works at a vet's office doesnt mean they even know what breed the dog is. When I took in zoey for her first time I told them what breeds she was and they still went in back and marked her down as a australian shepherd. Which she doesnt have a bit in her. So stick with the lab/boxer mix I wouldn't worry about it wink
[notify]

Ali

The Cuddly- Hellhound

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 3:02pm PST 
I read recently that a Pit is a mix of a bunch of different breeds in itself and now it's very difficult to find a 'true' pit. So I think maybe all these people seeing Pit in every dog are barking at shadows...

I personally don't see anything wrong with pits/pit-mixes but that stigma is damning frown
[notify]
Woofie 1988- - 2001

...the Wonder- dog (where is- she?)

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 12:04pm PST 
I don't see Boxer, but I do see Pit Mix. Pit/Lab is a pretty good guess.

Her feet are typical for Pitbull terrier, but less like a Lab or Boxer's feet. She has a thin, long tail like a Pit rather than the otter tail of a Lab. I have never seen a Boxer with a tail, I assume all are docked if not born with a stump tail.

Every Pit or pit mix I ever knew had what I call "thoughtful wrinkles" on their forehead.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2