GO!

Affenpinschers?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Buster

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 3:10pm PST 
We met one today the owner had agreed to foster for a week until the dog could be returned to the breeder and had fallen in love and kept her despite hating toy breeds. I don't know anything about them but the owner is a terrier person and has working jack russells and said it was the fact she was so terrier like that made them fall in love. So what are they like to own?

(I don't really intend to own one I'm not a fan of flat faced dogs the only short muzzled dog I really like is the DDB just curious really)
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:03pm PST 
Affenpichers think like all the goofiness and silliness of a pug and all the stubbornness and territoriality of a schnauzer with all the hair of a terrier. They're great, but they're brachycephallic, so you will need to keep the face trim and clean and keep them out of extreme temps.

The thing you have to know about affenpinchers is that their lines went into creating miniature schnauzers, miniature pinchers, and brussels griffon, so if you are a fan of continental terriers as opposed to british terriers, you will love the affenpincher

They're just a great family dog, really. Bred to relate to humans. The similar looking and related brussels griffon is slightly more serious and tougher overall. They're sturdier than their size makes them look. I'm not a big fan of brachy dogs or cats, but if you like that look, they are a fairly good beginners dog as long as you don't have children that can't understand that you can't be rough with a tiny dog.

Edited by author Mon Jul 9, '12 4:10pm PST

[notify]
Buster

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:17pm PST 
They do sound like fun little dogs this one was great bouncing all over the place and keeping up with the two jacks. But it's not that warm here today.

Edited by author Mon Jul 9, '12 4:18pm PST

[notify]

Buster

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:17pm PST 
Double post somehow naughty

Edited by author Mon Jul 9, '12 4:21pm PST

[notify]
Tika

Little Fox

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 6:32pm PST 
There's a pair that boards at work fairly often. They're very sweet and friendly, and they bounce all over you as soon as you open their kennel door. They're also cute in that funny kind of way that makes you tilt your head and go "Huh." laugh out loud
[notify]