GO!

Some People should not have dogs!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 12:33pm PST 
When I was really little a family member had a herder. He was spazzy and nippy and didn't like kids and when the family member wanted to have kids they gave him away to go live on a farm. Years and years later she moves overseas and promises her kids a puppy after the move. So they get a toy breed puppy from a byb who was supposed to be purebred but obviously wasn't. The dog was spazzy and would chew stuff and pee in the house and the urine caused damage. A couple years later they move and the house they were renting didn't allow dogs so they gave the dog away to a friend and got a kitten. After finding some where else to live her BF felt guilty they had to give the dog away because they moved because of his job so he gets them a toy breed puppy. They said the dog is spazzy and retarded because he will be fine and come up to see you then he will shake and pee himself and he always peed and pooped in the house and would freak out if you raised your voice. So they gave the dog away. Now today I check my FB and notice someone posted a photo. They have a new puppy. *head desk*

Edited by author Thu Jul 12, '12 4:40pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 6:43pm PST 
I have a sister like that. Drives me nuts. I have been asking my mother for 40 years if I can send my sister to the farm and keep whatever poor animal she is finding a home for today.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:13pm PST 
All of the dogs they had they only kept for a couple years at the most. It's so sad and I just do not understand why they keep getting dogs if they can't or won't take the time to solve any issues they were having with the dogs. I take comfort in the fact that at least the dogs were rehomed instead of dumped some where or dumped at a kill shelter.
[notify]

Cookie

Can I have your- food? PLEASE?!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:19pm PST 
Oh, joy. /end sarcasm/
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 11:45am PST 
My semtiments exactly! laugh out loud
[notify]
Brittany

I always get the- last bark.

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 1:01pm PST 
My ex-step-mom is like this. But she gets these animals, lets the breed, and then gets rid of them to most likely a kill shelter (at least that was what she did with the GSD and cats she had at the time of my dad and her being married). I know she has gone on to do this with several labs, golden retrievers, anatolian shepherds, CKC spaniels, and right now has Great Danes. It pisses me off that she is the mother to my half-brothers because when they grow up and start thinking animals are disposable I will not hesitate to beat them until they come to their senses. I do have hope for them though, the one that lives primarily with the nut they call mom tells me all the time that his favorite dog is Brittany (and now Bello). I'm assuming this is because they are the only dogs he can count on to always be around.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 1:22pm PST 
It's beyond frustrating to watch people go through animals like that. naughty
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 2:27pm PST 
The trainer at pet's mart is like that too. This past winter he bought a red and white husky puppy for his GF, then a few weeks later decided having 3 dogs was too much work, so he rehomed her. My best friend has her now, so I take comfort in the fact that Rayne is in a great home and can look forward to many happy years to come.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 3:45pm PST 
I know people who’ve had pets with the same behavior problems for multiple generations. Not house broken, resource guarders, no recall, no leash manners, etc. They always blame the dogs for being too stupid and useless to learn. Dogs, didn’t you know, should be born perfectly behaved, you shouldn’t have to put any time or effort into them whatsoever. You just keep getting rid of the dumb dogs and get new ones (from a BYB or puppy mill, of course) until you finally get a ‘good one’- meaning one you don’t have to put any work into.

You’d think they’d eventually figure out that the people are the common denominator in this scenario. Me thinks it’s not the dogs that are stupid.
confused
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 3:48pm PST 
My mother was like that, so I grew up that way. I don't know how, but somewhere I learned that a pet is a family member and a lifetime (their lifetime) commitment. Even when my dogs were at their worst, I didn't get rid of them. Generally, if the dog (except puppies and adolescent dogs) is bad, it's the owners fault. smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4