GO!

I met my first Bolognese!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 7:03pm PST 
So, hubby and I took a long trip down to the area we are planning to move to within the next year and a half. We went and checked out a local dog park. Low and behold I met my first Bolognese dog. I must admit at first I thought it was a Bichon mix. As I have not personally been around the breed. Gemini pranced right over to us, without a peep and rolled belly up for a good ol' belly rub. The woman came over and apologized for her dog randomly walking up to us, but I told her it was a pleasure. So, we got to talking a bit and I must say. Gemini was one of the most well behaved small dog I have met. Did I mention cute as a button as well cloud 9

So, I was just wondering if anyone knows any other information about this lovely Italian breed. Any personal experiences, or knowledge that you're willing to share. I'd love to hear, for the mere fact I love knowing of multiple dog breeds.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 10:01pm PST 
Besides sounding like a delicious Italian meal...they are a Sweet breed....and totally adorable. They require daily brushing and monthly grooming as they shed little to no hair. They are a healthy breed, prone to no real major problems.

Very serious, generally not very high energy, docile, enjoying his/her peeps. Slightly more reserved and shy than it's cousin the Bichon Frise yet Vivacious, playful,and happy. They get along well with other animals and they enjoy companionship of people and forms a close relationship with their humans.

That's the extent of what I know about the Bolognese.
[notify]
Tika

Little Fox

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '12 2:25pm PST 
Angel Lou, that was the same thing I thought when I first saw a Bolognese...that she was a Bichon mix, haha! The one I know is fairly quiet and a little shy, but I really don't interact with her much.
[notify]