GO!

Your Kidding me Right?!?!?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 6:20am PST 
Well this past weekend it was another hot one here in Michigan. Around noon on Saturday I mowed and depooped the yard as we were having a party Sunday. After my mom and i went out shopping. About 2 years ago they put a new walmart right by my house. We were passing by the walmart and i saw a couple in a pop up shade with a sign that said PUPPIES on a piece of wood. When my mom and i got home i immediatly went up to the walmart to see the puppies. They were 5 week old mini dashound puppies sitting in a kiddie pool. They were limp and lifeless from being so hot. They didnt have their mother either. The couple looked oblivous to the 98 degree weather outside. They had dirty water and no food and their gums were pale white. I told them off but they brushed it off like it was no big deal. I went inside the walmart and called animal control and the woman on the phone was sending someone right away and i told the store manager. Some people shouldnt be allowed to have animals. eek
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:03am PST 
Glad you called, Kash. Those poor puppies...so true that many people should not have animals.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:42am PST 
Good for you for calling the authorities. Hopefully they did something.

Had I seen that I would have bought the whole litter, told the people off and taken the pups to get care.

And once again......I hate humans.
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:49am PST 
oh good for you. this kind of thing just makes me sick.

I would have had a hard time not tearing into them.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:49am PST 
Oh you have no idea Moose i was very tempted to take them all and drive away. But there was no way that i could afforded to treat all of them or even buy them going for $350 each. Our animal control is pretty good at coming out when you call them. The woman i talked to on the phone sounded very alarmed as well so she was sending someone right away.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 8:27am PST 
Oh no! I hope AC was able to save them! frown Is there anyway to find out what happened to them?
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 8:45am PST 
I'm not sure Twister. I was thinking of calling them on my lunch and seeing if someone was sent out.
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 2:10pm PST 
Good for you. Poor pups. God, I am absolutely sheepchless.
With love, Kc.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 2:11pm PST 
I don't take my dogs out when it's hot. And they are all grown up. People are stupid. Glad you were there.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 6:22pm PST 
I'm glad you called. I do it all the time. It's amazing how many people don't have a clue. I call animal control here at least once a week. I hope you can find out that they are all ok.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2