GO!

Designer Crosses

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 13 of 13: Viewing entries 121 to 125)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Lily

The Largest- Lilliputian

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 2:47pm PST 
I don't know if this was post or not... but the Morkie article is no longer calling them designer breeds but instead replaced with with popular mix-ups or some other catchy jargon.

With something like four hundred dog breeds, I totally don't understand why people are trying to create new ones. They have no purpose other than being unique, but chances one could have found the same cross at a shelter that was made unintentionally and one that someone wasn't trying to make a quick buck from.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 3:13pm PST 
No problem Mulder. My first time seeing a shiba was a red one at a pet store it was sad..

Getting a pup from pet store or bad breeder is double edge sword giving them money by buying the dog shows breeding for the said dog is worth it so they'll keep it up less people buy then less with be bred due to not making money..

So sad they have go through this and it can't be changed must be horrible to live in such a place.. I always as kid thought there was an issue with pups in pet stores and when I learned When I see the pup now I see the poor mom and dad still in hell making more pups for money not to help better the breed..

The article applies to bad breeders..

I mean sure there can be good breeders breeding healthy good temperament dogs and even working them in some way, but as far I know there isn't many of those.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 4:38pm PST 
What's really sad is you have to be careful about rescues as well. There are now mills/brokers posing as rescues, a few of which I have found with listings on petfinder.com
[notify]

Dexter

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 6:53pm PST 
Breeds have specific traits. When you cross two breeds you cannot guarantee the personality traits so what's the point? Usually you end up with an average dog with an average personality. Why not adopt a cute mutt puppy (since that's all your "designer" dog is in reality)?
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 2:45pm PST 
Well, Dogster has an article discussing their beliefs- http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/dogster-values

Guess what- they are anti-mills, and "frown upon" backyard breeding. I think this is great, but scrolling down, I see one of hte recommended articles is for their "mixed up mutts" series... I commented asking them to explain how they can say one thing and do another...

Dogster Values
[notify]
  (Page 13 of 13: Viewing entries 121 to 125)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13