GO!

Guess The Breed! WARNING: Cute Puppy Pics

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Ria

Miss Black- Magic's 'Ria'

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 12:40pm PST 
So.. I know it'll be far easier to tell when she's far older... But I figured, why not give a shot at it? Ria is ten weeks old... Er.. Eleven weeks now, haha..

She's DEFINITELY got black Lab(from her mom)... Now here's the thing. She was an oops litter on a farm and they're not sure if the Golden Retriever got at mom, or if the Border Collie cross(they say purebred, I say cross after having met him as he's too thick and massive - possibly cross with Rottie) did...

I've also heard it's possible for multiple males to get a female and for her to have puppies from different dads - is that true?

There were eleven puppies in the litter. Three were yellow, one was chocolate with blue eyes(may change when she's older), and the rest were black with variations of either brown markings or white markings. Ria has a tiny amount of white on her chin, some stray white hairs on her chest(barely noticeable) and lots of white hairs between her pads on her paws.

A little about Ria's personality if it helps AT ALL. She LOVES water. She's tried to walk right into a river on us twice now and has bounced around my siblings kiddie pool trying to get in. If you spray her with a water bottle, she tries to catch and drink it, haha. She is a no-back-down confident dog. If she gets told off, she comes at you harder, testing the boundaries as much as she possibly can. She's stubborn as all heck, but super smart too and will do anything for food or treats.

At ten weeks old, she was 17.7 lbs! Charlie is 17" tall and she's almost as tall as him and he weighs 25 lbs. I remember a time when she could walk right underneath him - and she still tries of course, bol.

Some of the pictures may be hard to see or tell as most are from my camera phone.

Seven weeks

Seven weeks frisbee

Eight weeks on shoes

Ria

Tired and wet from the rain

More couch pictures

Ria

Playful

Size comparison
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 6:06pm PST 
Yes you can have multiple sires in a litter. I'd guess the BC mix but it could be either. You may have a better idea when the pup gets bigger.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 8:45am PST 
In some pictures of her face she looks like she has border collie in her. But she is very cute!! cheer
[notify]