GO!

Australian Koolie (German Koolie)

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 1:17pm PST 
I know this thread is a little old but there's very little info about Coolie's out there. We adopted our Coolie from a rescue almost 2 years ago after our ACD passed away. We thought we were getting another ACD but she was always smaller with a slighter build than our ACD with different fur. My hubby was watching the same show and that's how we figured out she's a Coolie. She seems to have bonded with both of us but is very wary of strangers but that could be more due to her background as she was a stray in Miami from what little we know of her past. Anyway, always wondered how a dog so rare in the US came to be a stray in miami but I guess we'll never know. I laughed at the post about a dog staring at you all day. My husband works from home and says she does that to him all the time. Ours gets along with most dogs but seems very sensitive to people/other animals emotions. She picks up negative energy like nothing I've ever seen before. She is also afraid of kids and untrusting of most other people. We have had her nip at guests in the house but we believe she is trying to control their actions or herd them as it's never aggressive. We are still working on that. Definitely needs and loves any kind of training and this dog will chase a frisbee until she dropped dead if we let her. She doesn't just catch it, it's always got flair which gets lots of oohs and aahs at the dog park. I'd definitely get another one but you really have to be the type to work with your dog to have one. It takes a certain person to have a Coolie. Was wondering if you've found any resources for adoption of Coolies in the US? We haven't seen ANYTHING about the breed and just consider ourselves lucky that she found her way to us.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2