GO!

How small can German Shepherds be?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:54pm PST 
Gawsh. Now I want a Rough Collie (actually, they had already been on my 'admire' list). cloud 9
[notify]
Budro

You are missed!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 3:12am PST 
Onyx - thanks for the chart, it was helpful. way to go

Tiller- Thanks for all the info, my mom liked how you described the Rough Collie. So far, it seems that this breed matches us very well, probably a bit better than a German Shepherd would have been. wink

I still haven't named her, but here she is in her new home!
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 3:36am PST 
I made her a page! I'm going to start a new thread in the Adoptions forum later and explain how we got her.

dog walk
[notify]

Twister

Love me.

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 7:46am PST 
Aw man! Now I really wanna go back! I love her!! Mei Hua!!! kissing
[notify]
Mimi - Adopted!

Looking for- Love.

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 8:01am PST 
She looks awesome!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 8:15am PST 
She is beautiful! Congratulations.

I love Collies. Sadly I seldom see them around here anymore. Can't wait to see what grooming and a good life will do for her.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 10:15am PST 
Beautiful! Congratulations!
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 12:12pm PST 
congrats on your new family member.. smile
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 2:23pm PST 
I met one in rescue a few years ago who was about 40 pounds and TINY. She looked 100% like a purebred GSD except just smaller. Everything was smaller, not just shorter legs but her overall size was smaller, smaller head, body, everything.

Edited by author Wed Jun 20, '12 2:24pm PST

[notify]
Budro

You are missed!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 4:24pm PST 
Thanks everybody! wave

I checked the dwarfism link, but it doesn't work, so I googled dwarfism in German Shepherds. Based on what I read and the pictures, the GSD I saw was just small, not a dwarf. I believe his growth was stunted due to poor nutrition, plus he may have been on the smaller end of GSD's to begin with. thinking
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4