GO!

Breed Guess Help

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Arawn

Arawn not- Arawen!

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 3:41pm PST 
Arawn is just past 3 years old now but his breed mix is still a mystery concerning his father. I learned when adopting him that his mother a purebred Border Collie/even got to meet her. While I believe he takes most all of her traits, his hair is shorter, tail is different, etc.
-around the average height/weight of Border Collie male
-has a small bone structure of his ribcage
-has rear dewclaws

People have asked his breed/mix....often look at me funny when I suggest what I believed to be his father's breed(with a slight mix) and have yet to find someone agrees with the breed mentioned.

Profile pictures update:
-#1.-3. standing/1 sitting pictures
-4. following an almost purebred lab female, for height/weight comparison
-5.+ younger years

Am just wondering at first sight what does he appear to look as, besides the obvious Border Collie leaning features.
Thanks much!
[notify]
Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 5:07pm PST 
Maybe a shepard/heeler mix? Love the stripe on his head!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 6:09pm PST 
I think he looks like a Smooth Collie mix.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 8:49pm PST 
The colouring makes me think shepherd and the ears are kinda houndy.

He is a very good looking boy and I can see the BC.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 9:09pm PST 
Very BC, and I'm leaning towards papa being some total mutt that jumped the fence? The other non-BC parts don't really look like any one breed.
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '12 10:19pm PST 
If the dad isn't a mutt, possibly foxhound? wink But I'm thinking the dad's a mutt of many things.

Edited by author Sat Jun 16, '12 10:20pm PST

[notify]
Buddy

I'm a maniac on- purpose.

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 7:16am PST 
Hmm... thinking as others have said BC with a possible mutt daddy?

Edited by author Sun Jun 17, '12 7:19am PST

[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 2:15pm PST 
I guess we can all agree the mom is BC since you met her. laugh out loud
Mystery daddy, eh...I'm not really sure what he could be, prob a mix of some sort.
He actually reminds me a lot of Twister. The tail is what throws me off, Twister's tail curls over his back too, and I thought only certain breeds could do that. thinking
[notify]
Arawn

Arawn not- Arawen!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 7:35pm PST 
Thanks for the replies!
Owners didn't know but speculated. I don't believe there were other collies that close by. Hound mix didn't think of that yet...never know!
The main dog in question that could be the father is Lab(mostly)/Pyrenees mix. Though, his tail/dew claws might be the indicator. In that case he just takes after his mom mostly. Still I just don't believe the lab part nor have other people I've talked to!
Quite possible that there was a GSD pure or mix in the area but I don't see it as much either. Also, he was the only one of the litter with the tri color, common with Border Collies but I think the mix brought it out more. His mom was b w as were the other pups.

Edited by author Tue Jun 19, '12 7:37pm PST

[notify]