GO!

Ugh...

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 10:46pm PST 
Green Acres Kennel. Tell me they're not for real.

Beagles, Puggles, Labradors and Weimaraners?

And they'll do daycare and boarding for you too!

Green Acres

I can't find any reviews on them other than one and well, let's be honest, it could easily be one of the owners or friends/family of them.

I'm very, very skeptical and very put off.

They have THREE litters that I've seen advertised already on kijiji alone.

"At Green Acres Kennel, we are committed to a high quality of breeding. Spring of 2012, We have ALL mentioned Litters Available! COME FOR VIEWINGS. The health of our puppies is our first priority.
All of our puppies go home with a 6 month health guarantee and their vaccinations to date. All dogs are dewormed regularily.

We also have beagles that are nearing retirement. Breeding, then birthing and raising puppies has been a passion of ours for over 9 years. That means some of our original dogs are now available for adoption. We retire them at 7 years of age, by giving them away to good homes."

Sigh...
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '12 10:40pm PST 
Wanna come for a drivewink
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '12 11:41pm PST 
Sings 'Green acres is the place to beee ..' laugh out loud

Except when you're an old fat saggy and overly bred beagle.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:49am PST 
Things like this disgust me. Sabi,let me know when the trip is planned. Will also ask Flika if we can stop by and play in her lime pit.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:57am PST 
Retired at SEVEN years...I can only imagine how many litters each one has to produce before getting the chance to rest. Ugh is right.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 11:31am PST 
Absolutely Sabi! It honestly makes me curious as to how they keep these dogs, and so many of them at that. Those poor pups. confused

I can't imagine how many litters each dog has had if retiring at seven years. How much you want to bet they'd let me put my purebred intact Beagle in their doggy daycare and would use him without my knowledge? Bol.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 11:41pm PST 
On my educated Mr. Spock guess, each Beagle would have produced approximately 104 puppies in their lifetimes before being shoved off.

(That's 2 litters a year, only one litter in the first year of life, with an average number of 8 puppies per birth.)

It's even more horrible when you think of how much profit was made.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '12 5:53pm PST 
I do really drive through Carstairs several times a week.
[notify]