GO!

Do you, or have you ever, regretted choosing your dog?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 74)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Sage CGC

Mommy's lil- princess

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:54pm PST 
Honestly, yes. There are times where I think "Why don't I just return you to the pound?" Not that I ever would. But she's been a huge project. She's a rescue dog, and I got her at 8 months. But by then, enough damage had been done. She's very OCD. She had the worst case of separation anxiety I have ever seen. Destroyed everything, and STILL will relapse sometimes. She has a recall, but she runs AROUND me and not to me. She's afraid of me most times, and if I call her when she's in trouble, she just runs off. She's a huge digger, and I can't leave her outside unsupervised if I want to keep a yard. She sheds REALLY bad, and won't eat unless EVERY SINGLE piece of food is wet with wet food. She's strange, but she's the smartest dog I've owned. I can see it in her face. I wouldn't give her up, and she's taught me a lot about training. Now she's a CGC certified dog, although I cannot get her to stop jumping.. I've tried everything. But she's starting to calm down. She just needs a huge amount of exercise. But I love her tons.

Kovu, no. I've never regretted getting him. I got him at 2 hours old, along with his siblings and he is literally everything I want in a dog. He rarely gets into trouble, is a quick learner, and is VERY attached to me.. Very loyal. He's definitely my heart dog .
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 7:55pm PST 
They choose me. I would like to choose a dog someday but with so many needy strays I probably never will.
[notify]
Romeo *adopted*

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 9:17am PST 
I had a choice between fostering Romeo and another dog named Stevie. There were many times when I thought "I should've chosen Stevie". Love him though I do, Romeo has gotten into so much trouble from the day we brought him home.
[notify]

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 9:29am PST 
Well i didnt rescue of my dogs yet they all came from Breeders. But Kashmir I dont regret chosing at all. She is my heart dog and i have her paw tattooed on my back. cloud 9 She can be down right stubborn and difficult at times and she has had her moments. I think she became the perfect dog for me. She is just like me in personality. She can be lazy and watch tv all day or active and hang out at the beach or walk too. The only thing i wish Kashmir was a little smaller, but my next dog will hopefully be alot smaller than her. laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Aug 10, '12 9:29am PST

[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 74)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8