GO!

Very Sad News.....

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 11:13pm PST 
I am putting this here because this was her haunt more than anywhere else. One of the most treasured members of the Dogster community, even with her firebrand ways being sent on a time out more times than I can count. But that's why we loved her. She was principled, dedicated and truly did more than her share for the betterment of dog.

Chelle, Pippin's mom, Samson's mom, etc., passed away in January frown

She was a great woman cut the way they just don't make them anymore. Huge heart but no nonsense, she'd support you through any storm but be the first to call you to task for being lame as well. She helped Southpaws Express get off and running by calling references on our adopter applications. I have never dealt with anyone better.....the amount of information she could extract was just mind boggling! She had amazing standards, but it came from the heart. She loved dogs, and she loved what people CAN be when they buck up and put their minds to living a life worthwhile.

And that she did, for 42 years. Not just for dogs, but for her kids (who I worry for.....she was such a sensational mom) and the many people who adored and found inspiration in her.

A life well lived, gone way too soon. Thanks, Chelle, for reminding me of every great person I ever have known. I will never forget you.

Edited by author Wed Apr 4, '12 11:17pm PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 11:26pm PST 
She will be missedcry Prayers and condolences to her family. Thank you for posting Tiller
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 12:02am PST 
cry

I was terribly saddened to learn of this. Pippin the Pyr was such a fixture here... She'll be greatly missed.
[notify]

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 5:46am PST 
Oh my, this is very sad news frown
Positives thoughts to her friends and family.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 6:21am PST 
hughughughughug
[notify]
Violet

hey good looking- ....what ya got- cookin

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 6:35am PST 
such sad news

my thoughts and prayers are for family
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 7:08am PST 
So very sad. Her refreshing, honest voice will be missed here. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 7:23am PST 
My thoughts are with her children...this must be devastating. She made the lives of so many people and dogs better. She will be greatly missed.

She was one of those voices for dogs that was capable of being idealistic, but at the same time feet firmly planted on the ground, knowing what the real work entails. Even though I wasn't fortunate to have worked with her directly, I can see why she was able to accomplish so much.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 7:38am PST 
hug
[notify]
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 8:31am PST 
hughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)